LeMans Classic/Goodwood clash

Is this the second time the dates have clashed?
Seems to me that a weeks difference between the two would benefit all concerned. let's hope they can arrange 2010's events for different/consecutive weekends.

Simon

Keith

Is this the second time the dates have clashed?
Seems to me that a weeks difference between the two would benefit all concerned. let's hope they can arrange 2010's events for different/consecutive weekends.

Simon

Although the event was a sell out each day, there were a lot of "faces" missing, especially at the banquet Saturday night - possibly too near Silverstone as well.

Hi Keith, you move in much higher circles than us poor engineers if you went to the banquet, I didnt even see the firework display, Frank

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Someone noted in another thread a few months ago that they did it deliberately as both events are well attended anyway.

Like many people, I would have like to do both though - currently alternating between Goodwood FoS on 'odd' years and Le Mans Classic on 'even' years.

Max

Keith

Hi Keith, you move in much higher circles than us poor engineers if you went to the banquet, I didnt even see the firework display, Frank

I go every year Frank...:nice: This year (as last) courtesy of Mazda :bow:- With a bit of luck it may be Mercedes next year.....:shocked2:

By the way, the fireworks this year were the absolute dogs - best I've seen in a long while. Unfortunately given the wind direction and speed, there was a fair bit of fall-out and the trusty Merc was sporting a grey carpet next morning....

Attachments

• Thong.jpg
    Thong.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 198
Back