Track Testing Sl-c

Hi
I have been looking at and researching these cars for a while but don't seem able to find any published testing / track data anywhere.

given that there are lots of potential variations available i.e. enigne choice etc and the fact that these are potentialy 200mph+ cars can anyone point me in the right direction?

many thanks

Gary

Gary - the cars are built on an individual basis to suit the needs as chosen and assembled by each customer. It is not a standard production car that is always the same and comes with standard numbers.

You can pretty easily figure out what the potential performance can be with some simple math.

Just devise what wet weight, power level you would have along with a gear chart and final drive and go to work. You can find software to help and probably free stuff on the web.

Handling potentials are based on what tires and spring rates/chassis setup customers tune the car for. There is no way to cover all the variables by telling you it can pull this many G's or this slalom speed. Its dependant on your build.

Understand that the car will go as fast as you BUILD it to go. If you want something out of the box that is all ready a known quantity, then building an SLC is probably not for you.

If you are trying to make a choice of purchasing or not based on some standard performance numbers, then you are missing the point of building your own car in the first place.

Cheers
Eric

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
As a potential "turnkey" customer, i for one would like to see what happens to the built SL-C with LS7 and ricardo set up at full pelt to "see what happens" in a straight line and also around a circuit in anger
Konnisegg for instance initially spent alot of money on computer design only to find a wing problem (or lack of it) at top speeds?
Not saying thats the case atall, but IMO for pure peace of mind i think customers will want that basic reasurance and 2ndary the actual performance figures.

I am sure Fran is working on providing that info and getting the car on track as per his previous post?

Only having a 50m breastroke certificate I have no intention of building a car for myself.

My uncle Albert is quite good at maths but he's not around much nowdays.

assume a single word answer to my question is NO?

thanks anyway

Gary

ps anyone know whther the flux capacitor is 12 or 24Volt?

Last edited:

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Gary,

Dave C, the owner of an RCR 40 in your part of the world, has had nothing but positive comments about the craftsmanship provided by the fellow he contracted to complete his 40, Nick Dames... I wonder if Nick might be available to work with you on the SL-C. Send him a PM (Nick Dames) and find out what he has to say.

DC-MXV Build Thread

Good luck!

T.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
The shop SL-C has been tied up with interior mock up and fitment for the past few weeks, plus I was in the UK for a couple more...
The track testing is right around the corner...:thumbsup:

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
hi fran,
sent you an email last week trying to tie up the visit this friday. ( i am sure you had a 1000 emails after your break and may have got lost)
hopefully will catch up somehow today.
craig

Back