Australian Magazines \GT40 articles

Hi,

For those that may not have noticed there is a couple of good articles on GT40s in Australian magazines at the moment.
This months Performance Ford Magazine has done a cover shoot of a GT40 and Ford GT and a nine page article with photos comparing GT40, GT40 replica & Ford GT.

This months Kit car magazine has an array of articles from Allans GT40, RF open day, Superfoormance GT40s and RCR

Before anyone mentions it yes it is my car on the cover of PFM.

Andrew

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Got the Kitcar one Andrew and there is a really nice shot of your car in there too. Will have to get the PFM one though - thanks for the tip and well done again on a great looking car!

Bill

Hi Bill,

Found an electronic copy of the cover.

Andrew

Attachments

• cover FPM.jpg
    cover FPM.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 391
Congratulations Andrew. Having been for a ride in your car and seen it up close on a number of occasions it is truly worthy of a magazine cover and is a testament to your fine work. I look forward to picking up a copy.

Cheers

Jack

Congrats Andrew,
Just got the mag today and I must say that your RF40 would have to be one of the finest GT40s in Aus. Keep up the good work.

Bpbski,

Thanks for your comments. Looking forward to seeing your monster in the flesh or at least some photos.(hint) The MSCA are considering running a non points scoring round of the sprint series at Wakefield Park long weekend in November(Melbourne Cup week). Nothing is finalised as yet but it may be an opportunity for an interstate GT40 gathering. We'll have to wait to see what transpires? Wakefiled park is a good half way point for NSW\Vic Owners to meet?

Andrew

Hi Andrew

I picked up the magazine today and your car has come up looking fantastic. A highly enjoyable article. I see they even snuck a picture of you in there wearing a cheeky grin. With all the new things you have done to the car since the last time you generously took me for a spin I might have to start hassling you for another ride. Bill H is also on my hit list!

Cheers

Jack

Anytime mate.
That sounds like a good idea about a gathering at Wakefield in Nov. Count me in. I also will be going to the Cobra Nats at wakefield in the October long weekend as well. Spectator only as I have a some sorting and driver training before we hit the track . If the weather allows, I'll be taking some day shots of the car over the weekend and will start build thread early next week.

PS: I would never have thought that colour would have worked on a 40, but that looks amazing.
Regards
Bob.

Hi Bob

Not only is Andrew color rocking but now has some bad ass black wheels on it. It is a sweet sweet car.

Jack

David Lowe

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Andrew
Picked up my copy of PFM last night.The car looks brilliant and is a credit too you. Just goes to show what a timeless design and shape the original GT40 really was in that it can still turn heads along side it's latest family member. They look great along side each other.
David

Hi David,

Thanks for your comments, its surprising how well the 40 compares and seems top hold its own next to the Ford GT.

The day before the photo shoot I ran the car at a sprint event in the pooring rain at Sandown. To make matters worse due to circumstances beyond my control (another story) the car was driven down some wet muddy roads the night before and I didnt get home till 11pm and up at 5.30am to clean the car and off to Melbourne for the photo shoot that day. It a wonder the car looked any good at all as it was really covered in crap from the muddy dirt road!

Should of taken some before and after cleaning photos!

Andrew

Bobski,

Photos of front and rear towing eyes FYI.

Both are very strong, the front eye I use to winch the car up onto the trailer. Its made out of a piece of angle iron and flat strap bolted to the front hinge mount. The rear eye is flat aluminium with4*38mm round spacers between rear rail. Hope these make sense and are helpful to you, I know it took me a while to figure out how to mount the towing eyes on the car. The first photos are not of my car but a mates who I just made some towing eyes the same as my car for him (In case your wondering why the car is blue).

Andrew

Attachments

• DSC03541.jpg
    DSC03541.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 277
  • DSC03539.jpg
    DSC03539.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 294
  • DSC03543.jpg
    DSC03543.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 293
  • DSC03545.jpg
    DSC03545.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 258
Thanks for the pics Andrew. If you don't mind, I may use the front design, where as the back I would have to come up with something different as i have a rear diffuser on the car. Thanks again mate.

Bob.

Andrew,

I too purchased the Ford magazine after reading your post. The quality of your build is clearly very high; I think the $75,000 - $100,000 estimate is way low, but I don't know how much you did yourself. The question is, do you enjoy driving it? Long term, I mean. There is a rather dismal report on this forum of a new owner (overseas, Superformance I think) coping with extreme noise, rain leaks, and really uncomfortable driving. Your car appears very well finished, so I would think you will have attended to all the little details that ensure a great driving experience. Unless you plan to track it mainly and don't care about road trips.

Dalton

Hi Dalton,

The editorial content of the article was reviewed by the guys at RF who set up the photo shoot. I think the build figure was closely aligned to the current all up cost of an RF kit. My car did cost a significantly more than mentioned.

I have found that replica kits that have been assembled by home builders who are able to spend a significant amount of time getting the little issues right during construction IMHO can end up with a better result than factory assembled cars.

I built my car and only area of professional assistance was in painting

Andrew

Last edited:
Hi Guys
I aint got a copy of the performance ford mag but i just looked a the front cover shot, Is the Ford GT really RHD.Is this a conversion of some kind? What company offers this.
thanks

Adrian

Where and how can i get a copy of this mag? not on uk shops mag racks but is there a back issue mail order service for this mag.

thanks

Adrian

Back