Anyone here at the Seattle or Portland Historics?

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
My uncle was there and took care of the following cars...

Group #2
Yellow # 17 Genie Mk-10 (Won overall)
IMG_0567.jpg

Blue & White #83 Lotus 19
IMG_0574.jpg

Group #6
Yellow #38 Titan Mk-6 ( Won Formula Ford Class)
IMG_2785.jpg

Group #7
Red #40 Brabbam BT-40 (Won Formula Atlantic Class)
IMG_0298.jpg

Blue & White #25 McKee (Won CanAm, and is the car Paul Newman drove in the opening scenes of the Movie "Winning")
IMG_0375.jpg

More pictures? Oh of course!!

Welcome to Adam Hosey Photography

Click the events section and look for the Seattle & Portland Historics.

The descriptions of the grouping above was at the Seattle Race. Portland grouping was a little different I believe.

Laters,

Brian

Last edited:

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Brian,

I was there; TM at Turn 3. I've run into your uncle out on the turns at a number of Seattle vintage events in the past. Nice guy. Accomplished photographer.

Interestingly, I remember talking with him at some point during the weeked about the photography restrictions for the Historics - none of the photos taken at the event could be sold to anyone. That was the first time I'd ever heard of that happening at any event. I never did learn the reasons behind that 'logic' but I'm sure there was money involved somewhere.

As a matter of fact, I remember giving your uncle a word or two for running across track in my turn while the track was hot. :stunned: When somebody get's hurt, the Stewards want their paperwork... I hate paperwork... I'll bet he'll smile about that if you mention it to him.

That weekend marked the first time I'd seen a Porsche 917 on track. I would have used the phrase 'at speed' but the car had nothing but a lack of grip while accelerating even with those steamroller-sized slicks. Mark Donohue would've been most pleased with the amount of horsepower that car had!

Say hello to Adam for me.

Best,

T.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Adam's not my Uncle, he's just the photographer my uncle sent me the link to. My Uncle is Roland Johnson. He's the guy who transported, setup, tuned, and helped with the cars pictured. You may have run into him as well. Hehe

Laters,

Brian

Back