Who is going to Monterey Historics 2008?

Hey guys,

So, who is going to the Monterey Historics this year? I'll be leaving my yellow Pantera at home, and travelling with a friend who lives in Monterey and has a beautiful, very stock-looking silver Pantera Pre-L, with 17-inch replicas of the stock 15-inch Campagnolo wheels. If you see the car at the Baja Cantina on Thursday night, I won't be far! Come say hi!

So, who else will be there, and in what?

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Mike, I love Monterey but last year after Mike Trusty and I took our wives I desided to give up to all the traffic and crazies. You enjoy yourself and get some pictures, I am going to speed week at the salt flats instead, I have never been. :) Maybe the next year!

My first Blastolene will be on the grass at Pebble on sunday and I am thinking of going to historics, so i may see ya.
Randy

Jack, if this is your first time to speed week, you will be amazed! Two words of advice,

1st - WATER - take LOTs, drink LOTs -
2nd - Take and use SUNSCREEN - and put it places you don't usually - like under your chin, under your arms, as the salt reflects the sun at an unholy rate!

enjoy - I can't make it this year but 4 of the cars in our group will be there - Evil Tweety - you have to see it to believe it - funny little car, the "pickle" can miss it - going for record ~ 270 mph, a red camaro - going for ~ 225 mph, Tequila Sunrise - going for ~ 250 mph.

Have fun

Dave

Speaking of weather, Monterey is very different from last year. I'm here now, and right now it's 7:00 a.m. and it's only 53 degrees, very damp with heavy fog and visibility of a quarter mile. Normally this burns off completely by noon, but the forecast for the entire weekend is for max temps in the mid 60s, partly cloudy. So if you're coming, dress appropriately.

Perfect weather for making horsepower! :thumbsup:

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks for the weather tip, I'm heading out in a couple of hours.

Sandy

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Last edited:

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Great photos Sandy.

Not being able to go this year, I really appreciate seeing them. Thanks for sharing!

Mark

Back