Australian Cobra Nats.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
This is Big time by Australian standards:stunned: 3,4,5&6 of Roctober coming.
Something for the Showies, something for the GOO ies (G code for rapid traverse) and plenty of room for the Apre` racers.
Cobras everywhere, GT40s along with Daytonas will be put to the test.
.... So, whos not going???

Wakefield Park , Goulburn NSW Australia
http://www.cobracarclubnsw.org.au/natsef08.pdf

Last edited:
I'll be there with as many RCR's as I can manage. :D

Chris you racing your Lola this year? We need someone out there to keep the GT40's honest.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Two weeks to go and we turn a 2400 Klm round trip into a gigantic epic, with not a lot of time to properly soak up some mind deadener.
No Lola this year Craig --Johns "King Cobra" trophy may be safe for the moment:shifty: --- should be done for next year, as soon as Fran sends the rest of the kit :laugh: (shovel, shovel)

Attachments

• Peter _amp_ Greg.jpg
    Peter _amp_ Greg.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 295
Hey, Chris. Yes we are busy trying to get the RCR-40 ready in time. Unfortunately we didn't have as much time early on to work on it as planned, so means a last minute rush. Considering we haven't had it that long, it will be a fantastic effort to get it there.

Fingers crossed it makes it down there.

Hoping to have a few RCR cars at the Nationals this year. A couple racing and a couple on static display. After the Nationals some of the cars will be transported to Sydney and left there for a couple of weeks for viewing.

Really looking forward to the Nationals trip. I expect you are too.

I"ll be going to the Cobra Nats on Saturday (thats all I can take off). I know that there'll be some 40's there and looking forward to seeing them on the track. I'll have mine there but not taking part. I know Flatchat and Craig are going, any other forum members going as well?

Bob

Weather permitting, I will be driving down on Sunday.

Weather does not look the best: Saturday: a few showers; Sunday: chance shower or two.

Kym

Yes I know Kym, the weather's got me worried as well, but Saturday is the only chance I've got to go. Hope it all works out.

Bob

Got up early so we can get there by 8am. Damn it's raining. I waited till 9am to see what the weather would do. It wasn't raining hard at 9am and we decide to head off. As soon as we got onto the freeway, it starts to bucket down. The freeway slowed down to 50 - 60km/h, we could hardly see. After an hour and twenty minutes into the trip, we learn that the days events got cancelled and are to take place tomorrow. Oh well, there's always next year.

Bob

Sunday: Rain held off, even the wind held off. And it was warm. Now, if I can sort out some images: (hmmmm - seems I need to load them first )
I think this is all of them: Ah bother, they seem to be in the Gallery under 'General', anyway....

index.php

Last edited:

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Something like this --the red and yellow one was the quickest --- of course:drunk:

Attachments

• Cobra nats 08 035 (Small).jpg
    Cobra nats 08 035 (Small).jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 305
  • Cobra nats 08 036 (Small).jpg
    Cobra nats 08 036 (Small).jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 277
Hey Chris, thanks for the photos. How did the weekend turn out? I regret not making it this year, but there's allways next year. What times did the red and yellow get? How did the RCR40 go? Please Please let me know.

Bob

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
We're starting to think that GT40 owners of NSW (New South Wales) are too scared to drive their cars:worried:

Friday was plenty good practice
Saturday was a non event due to inclement weather:thumbsdown:
Quickest '40 1:06 --I think
Quickest Cobra 1:02 (all DRBs from Qld )

Johns RCR was a big crowd pleaser during the final assy stages in the pit garage and much to his credit, it did run and was quite impressive straight out of the box

Back