Anyone in S Wales?!

Hi,

I have recently purchased a CAV direct from the factory and I'm getting on well with the build. I am renting a fairly sizeable garage in Cardiff but it's costing me a small fortune so I'm looking to move!! I have found a place nearer to home in Barry but I have no wheels to move the car!! They're on my 'parts-to-get' list!

This is probably a shot in the dark but would anyone be so kind as to lend me some for a day or two while I move the car?! I would'nt mind travelling some distance to get them so anyone in the UK who would be willing to help - I would be very grateful!

Thanks very much!

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Nick

I'm not close other than taking the 40 to visit family in Liverpool this weekend

It would be helpful if you stated what sort of wheels you are looking for

Size and bilt on / pin drive

Ian

Ian,

Thanks for your reply. They need to fit a standard CAV five pin drive hub. I'm not too sure what the PCD is but I've tried wheels from a BMW which are five pin and they are about a cm too large for the CAV.

All I need to do is move the car for now because I'm off abroad for six months quite soon and I'll be ordering wheels when I get back! So any wheels would do. Could you think of any other way?!

Thanks for your help.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Mine not of much use then - Bolt on and ford 5 stud pattern.

Presumably only need to get the chassis on to and off a trailer - how about a bunch of heavies and group muscle?

Only other CAV I know off is in the Norh East

time for others to chime in

Ian

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
One other possibility is a set of wagon wheels
A 3/4 ply circle cut with a jig saw and holes drilled as required

worked on mine when Paul borrowed my wheels for SVA

Ian

Attachments

• un even tyres web.jpg
    un even tyres web.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 237
  • chariot wheel.jpg
    chariot wheel.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 240
Thanks for all your help guys but I have found some.....Don't know what they're from but they fit perfectly!

Fingers crossed they stay on!

Thanks again.

Back