Greetings from Savannah Georgia

i have been on ferrari chat and lambo-power for several years now. my current and former cars i have had are : 4 Ferrari's, 3 Lamborghini's, a 71 push button Pantera, 3 Porsche 911's, a 89 Lotus esprit turbo se, and a ton of early Z28's and Trans Ams.

so i am a gear head all the way, and love different cars for different reasons. i have been reading here and there that Georgia changed the laws, and that replicas require more paperwork to get registered. i am hoping to find out more about GT40's, or "maybe" a Porsche 917 .

i have alot to learn, but this must be the right place!

:) Michael

Welcome Michael. Let me pick your brain a bit. I seem to notice when looking at used Ferraris(360 modenas) that they often seem to have had their clutches replaced with very few miles on them. what is up with that? I would imagine that is an expensive proposition. chuck

Hi Chuck, to be honest, i cannot stand any of the "new" cars, (those that are full of computers,) all of my ferrari's and lambos have been old ones with lots of weber carbs on them.

i do know the floppy paddle F1 style shifter cars are very hard to work on if you are a " do it yourself-er". a normal 6 speed 360 should not need frequent clutch changes, but i have read there are problems with not only the F1 systems, but the throwout and release bearings as well on many of the cars, causing a clutch change whether the car needs it or not.

i prefer old school classic cars with elegant lines, and lots of carbs. top speed and go fast new technology i deal with enough at work on aircraft. i want my cars to be old and simple!

:)

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome Michael. Seems like you have pretty good taste in cars.... so .... "you're in" as far as I'm concerned...:thumbsup:

Welcome aboard. I too share your view of "simple". Although I'm waiting for my SL-C
and using a modified Corvette LS-1 engine, the electronics are really not too bad, and dead reliable. The purity of design and simplicity of construction sold me on the RCR SL-C.

then you will appreciate the engine in my Cobra Michael

motor007.jpg

thanks for the welcome Rob and molleur!

chuck, thst is a work of art, and i bet the sounds it makes are glorious! wow!

Hi Michael, Glad you made it to the other side, i also spend time on L-power, you will find much knowledge over here, and very helpfull folk.

Welcome

Best Regards
Lambo

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome Michael. Let me pick your brain a bit. I seem to notice when looking at used Ferraris(360 modenas) that they often seem to have had their clutches replaced with very few miles on them. what is up with that? I would imagine that is an expensive proposition. chuck

Chuck the so called clutch problems with the paddle shift Ferrari's are due to lack of driving skill on the part of the driver. A high percentage of drivers treat the paddle shift like it is an automatic, which of course it is not. So when stopped at the lights you put the car in neutral. With your foot on the brake the clutch is actuated for a period of time, then a series of warning beeps are heard meaning the clutch is about to be re-engaged so you move on or drop it into neutral. Every time you don't results in clutch wear which eventually means replacement.

Back