RCR 917K build progress ??

As I know, some people there put a deposit and start to build up an RCR 917K (kit version)...

any report or picture available ????

I don't think any of the 917 kits have been delivered yet. From what I understand, Fran has gotten a lot more attention with his superlite series, thus, he has put the 917's on the back burner...

Looks like us 917 fans are just going to have to wait...

RCR are still currently working on a batch of 917 replicas.

It's certainly one of the RCR vehicles that I have very excited about.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Do you mean these old things.....??

We have one being airfreighted to Switzerland next week and a second being sent to Minn. also next week.

I wil post pics of the cars prior to shipping...

Attachments

• 917monokit 001 (Small).jpg
    917monokit 001 (Small).jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 726
  • 917monokit 002 (Small).jpg
    917monokit 002 (Small).jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 610
  • 917monokit 006 (Small).jpg
    917monokit 006 (Small).jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 703
  • 917monokit 007 (Small).jpg
    917monokit 007 (Small).jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 643
  • 917monokit 003 (Small).jpg
    917monokit 003 (Small).jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 648
Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Do you mean these old things.....??

We have one being airfreighted to Switzerland next week and a second being sent to Minn. also next week.

I wil post pics of the cars prior to shipping...

Is the Minnesota bound one for my pal Craig?

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
if i wasnt getting an SL-C think i might have bought a P4 which looks rather special (but would have gone red not yellow)
hehehe

I locked in to the SL-C because of the design and simplicity of construction. Is is not a replica of anything. My favorites are the 917, then P-4, GT-40 in that order. During my visit with Fran, I almost changed my order to the 917 mono, but decided that it would not make a very practical street car. The SL-C offers a bit easier egress (for my twice broken back) and economy of build as compared to the 917 and P-4. I would not think of building a 917 with something other than a Porsche engine, or the P-4 without something Italian.

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
"FRAN HALL replica manufacturer....."

wot i want to know - is are there any originals left and can yu geta "Kit" Fran Hall?

:D:D:D:D

Hey Fran, if you ever think you might get the urge to throw one of those on the bonfire let me no, i'd sell the boss if i had to for the freight. lol.
seriously, if you've had time to have a good look at what i sent you , would a 917 shell fit it, food for thought aye what:idea:
cheers John

Back