Phil Self

Greetings from Hampshire UK.

I've been thinking about building a GT40 for years, but had neither the time nor the money previously, however I retired early this year, so now at least I have more time. I've been a member for a few months but I have been hiding below the parapet, looking & trying to learn from this massive & informative forum, whilst waiting for my MDA Mk1 kit. As I've got about two thirds of the kit, with important bits missing, I'm still waiting to make a proper start.

Hi Phil and welcome,

As you will have found, there's PLENTY of helpful info on the site and any number of people willing to advice with you. try and get to some meetings, and see if you can get invited to see someones build in progress, it's a really good way to keep the momentum up. Best of luck.

Simon

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
Welcome Phil - from another "hog";)

theres 4 of us here in Basingstoke with '40s. Quite a few more local, too.

Greetings and welcome to the forum. There is a host of information to absorb here and you will find that many of your build challenges have been solved and posted.
Like me it was research, research and more research (including a wonderful factory visit) before I decided on a RCR Superlite Coupe.

Hello Simon, RichardH & molleur,

Thanks for the welcome & info - I've been to club meetings & I am up to my ears in info with a long way to go. It seems as if Basingstoke has the highest no of GT40's in the UK, but I've never seen one on the roads round here - must be the weather.

Phil

Welcome Phil. As a fellow MDA owner I can say you've made a good choice. I've had mine for a year now and am just about to undertake an epic journey to Germany next week. Not the Nurburgring unfortunately, but should be a good trial for that next year. Best of luck with the build and this site is the place for all you may need.
Chris

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome Phil.
Looking forward to seeing your build.
Frankly a bit jealous, as a retired guy, you will be in heaven with being able to work on your car as desired.
Congrats on the start of your journey.

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Phil,

Thought I'd say Hi online, even though I have talked to you many times in person at the club meetings. See you at the next one on 16th?

Max

I'll have to get myself to one of these gatherings. I'm obviously missing out. As you know well already Phil, you're always welcome round my pad to compare notes. No formal invitation needed. Just give me a buzz when you need to see my car.
Martin

Brian Magee

Supporter
Hi Martin

We would love to see you at one of our meetings, come and have a meal with us. We are a happy band of souls and our conversation covers more than just cars as Phil will tell you. The beers good and the big bonus is if you bring the other half you get two meals for the price of one. What else could you want?

Brian.

Hello Chris, Rob, Maxiboy, Martin & Brian

Thanks for welcome & support etc. Having probs with the inet & keep getting cut off in mid flow. Will try to contact you individually

Regards

Phil

Back