$ Rebounding?

Not to scare anyone, but it looks like the dollar has bottomed. I recall many on here talking about what a great deal these cars are because of the exchange rates. If you are overseas and have been contemplating buying, I might suggest you either fish or cut bait, as the exchange rate discount looks like it may be over.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Dont worry Crash...price is not always the driving force.

Why are you so concerned? The price to you, as you live in the USA has not changed....nor has the content of the packages....:thumbsup:

Not "so concerned" in the least. Just making an observation, as there has been talk of how great the exchange rate makes US goods in general and I thought people might not have notice that the dollar looks to be heading back up against foreign currencies.

Or – wait for the Employee Price to Everyone-Christmas in July-0% interest-We Pay Your Sales Tax-Members Club-Overstock Clearance-Internet Price-90 Days Same as Cash-Bob’s your Uncle SALE.

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
exchange rate (UK) has altered 7% against me since my verbal order to parting with some hard cash. (actually right over a 2week period - bollocks)
Although this hurts and only talking from a personal point of view the fact that i am now going to have to part with £53.5k as apposed to £50k (for example and to make figures easy) will not break the camels back and not alter my decision!!!
(already told anne that brazil isnt happening this xmas hehehehehe)

from my point of view/guess is the £v$ will blip back short term to the early 1.9s for a correction compensation then who knows......

my guess is that the £vs$ would need to be down to around 1.3 for the SL-C to be around the same price as an Ultima in the UK.. a global average is around 1.75 me thinks!

Or – wait for the Employee Price to Everyone-Christmas in July-0% interest-We Pay Your Sales Tax-Members Club-Overstock Clearance-Internet Price-90 Days Same as Cash-Bob’s your Uncle SALE.

Arnie,
I PM'd Fran about this and received no comment. :D :lurker:

Malcolm

Supporter
For no real expertise reason I thought at Christmas last year that come US presidential hotting up time the US$ would strengthen. I did put my money where my mouth was and forward bought as I am in US in November coming. Seems to have worked.....

But really is the presidential race a reason to change the $ rate?

exchange rate (UK) has altered 7% against me since my verbal order to parting with some hard cash. (actually right over a 2week period - bollocks)

Thing to do would be to buy cover at a bank once you have placed an order you have to settle in non domestic currency. Unless you are the betting type.......

Cheers

Fred W B

Back