Hello From Italy

nice to meet you, i'm a sports car enthusiast and i've recently discovered this forum lurking around gt40's :lol:
i am 33 yo and live in countryside around Rome (Italy), here there arent many real rare sport cars except for the ones you can easily buy in a shop like porsche, ferrarri, lamborghini etc. i felt as a child at school when i have known that gt40s and similar were still produced abroad.

i gladly see that people here is from all over the world and this is great as the passion that link us all to the mithical '40 and othere pure sport cars.

I haven't a gt40 yet but after the decision to buy it and months of searches i've choose ":heart::heart: THE ONE :heart::heart:" that will hopefully reach my garage before the end of 2008.... the SPF!!!
i look forward to race my gt at vallelunga where is usually raced the ferrari challenge and the GT car championship, of course the circuit is not le mans nor nurburgring but is better than nothing at about 100km from home :lol:....

actually i own an alfaromeo 147 and a fiat nuova campagnola, an ex military 4x4 that looks close to mercedes G or landrover defender, that i usually drive offroad into mud, rivers and then up and down the mountains:pepper::pepper:

hope you will excuse my english bye bye

Ciao Stefano,

Io sono italo americano e vivo in Ingelterra.

Can you get the SPF homologated in Italy? I have a friend from the Porsche Club Italia who wants to bring in a UK kit, build it in Italy, but he has lots of problems doing this.

If the car is complete, then I will suggest he try the SPF.

Ciao for now

Dom

Keith

I haven't a gt40 yet but after the decision to buy it and months of searches i've choose ":heart::heart: THE ONE :heart::heart:" that will hopefully reach my garage before the end of 2008.... the SPF!!!

hope you will excuse my english bye bye

Your English is great Stefano. Welcome :)

Paulo is going to be your New Best Friend! :drunk:

Ciao Molleur thanks for your welcome :thumbsup:

Ciao Dom, i have non certain news about how to have the car homologation for italy, i have requested information in an ACI agency but at the moment it seems that i have to do immatriculation in UK before and then import it back in italy to have plat numbers :worried:.....

Ciao Keith... what about paulo he is looking for an spf too? :burnout: :burnout:

Stefano,

One point the Porsche fellow made. The Motorizatione group in every Italian region works to different rules and regulations.

I am not sure how the Romani will treat you (I lived on Monte Mario between 1971 - 1973) but if they aren't troppo rompescattole, you will be OK.

Ciao for now

Dom

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
benvenuto Stefano,
Nice for Paolo to have a piasse on the forum...:laugh:

hello Pete in this case i have choosen a finished car cause i can't wait to ride it and actually i have no time to work on it and the final price is reasonable for the final product thanks to USD/EURO change!!!

hi there Paolo pleased to meet you, hope we'll ride together soon!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back