Coronado Speedfest 9/27-9/28

Anyone else coming to the Coronado Speedfest (San Diego, CA) the weekend of September 27th-28th?

The same people who put on the Monterey Historic Races at Laguna Seca sponsor the Coronado Speedfest. If you're a car guy this one is worth the effort. Literally hundreds of vintage race cars going fender-to-fender racing on the Navy's North Island runway as well as like 2000 cars from car clubs from all over the southwest. In addition the Navy/Marines bring out many of their aircraft (vintage and current) for viewing. I'll be bringing my BEC GT40 on Saturday...hope to see a few other GT40's there also.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Yea Larry, I indend on going. Are you displaying your car with one of the clubs, if so could I get my car in with you?

Unfortunately, there is no GT40 car club in San Diego. After I bought my Speedfest ticket on-line I sent an e-mail request to the guy in charge of car clubs and asked for a corral pass. He sent a message back that one was in the mail. I'd think you could do the same thing. If you are successful, let me know and we'll save space for each other so that our cars will be together.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
David, need to get organized and plan the weekend yet. Will contact Mike and let you know :thumbsup:

Back