6 heures de spa-francorchamps

Emiel,

Cannot make it as I am on a Business trip until Saturday evening.
Will miss it !

Maybe I will come over on sunday as my gearbox once again broken (main shaft again...)
Ordered a new box with reinforced mainshaft at Chris Cole.

Enjoy it !

Fred

Hi Emiel,
was it you're 40 on the parkinglot (see picture)
Attached are also some photo's i made from the gt111 before it went straight in the corner i didn't see it afterwords so i don't know how bad the damage is/was

Did anyone else attend this race ?
Frank

Attachments

• Foto0092 (Small).jpg
    Foto0092 (Small).jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 274
  • Foto0097 (Small).jpg
    Foto0097 (Small).jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 275
  • Foto0098 (Small).jpg
    Foto0098 (Small).jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 285
Hello Frank,the forty is not mine.This is from René also a Belgium guy and I believe its a gtd.I was there with my usual green 69 mustang since we stayed the whole weekend in Francorchamps and my girl likes to take a lot of luggage.Wish I was there with the forty since the weather was excellent.The roadster was badly damaged and a wheelhub was broken,maybe thats the reason it left the road.I didn't see it going in the wall just one second after it was standing still,and the wheel was rolling down the hill.Its really a shame because I think the car was just finished for last years 6 heures and it run there for the first time.So now one year later it seems they are in for a lot of work to repair it.For the time being it made a really good start in the 6 heures.Greetings Emiel

Hi Emiel,who won the race, I saw that the red forty in the beginning had some trouble with the door but when we left he was in fourth position with the fastes time
Frank

3 first places all where Jaguar E types.4th place was an ac cobra.The red gt 40 was excluded from the race but I don't know for what reason.So no finishing gt in the race final.fastest lap however was by the american Gt40 of Mabey 2:50:926.Greetings Emiel

The RED GT40 P1070 was leading easily until the last fuel stop, when the driver stopped the engine to fuel but left all of the lights full on, they had to push start it in the pits, but the battery gave out in the last stint when in a healthy lead. The blue Corvette Stingray with a new 7 litre engine was running superbly for six laps until the two front big ends came out of the sump pan ! Frank

Back