prefilter suggestion for LS6

I think I am in need of a prefilter between the tanks and the Bosch efi pump. Is there an inline one that will have nearly zero resistance? I know the stock pump when in the tank has that sock type over the pickup so didnt know if an inline filter will work.

thanks,

After hunting around I found for EFI that the filters befor and after are different. The pump just can suck as hard as it can push the fuel so the prefilter is most likely a mesh type with -10 fittings and 75 to 100 micron. The post filter is down to 20-25 micron. Not really listed in Jeg's or Summit as pre- and post-, guess I needed to just find the micron rateing

Earls makes a prefilter with a 85 micron stainless filter media. It comes in AN-6 or -8 fittings depending on which one you choose. at about $46.00 they are considerably cheaper than the Aeromotive filters. I use a 35 micron Aeromotive filter on my Cobra, and I'm less than satisfied with it. The filter housing uses -8 fittings, but the filter cartarage is necked down to about 5/16", and are somwhat expensive for such a small filter cartarage.

Back