Howyoudoon from New Joisey!

Hello All,

Long time lurker, I am known as Johnny Mac on some other forums. I belong to a club of old geezers that love to run open track events called "Club Cranky". I live in NJ and am planning to make a move to NC. I have 'buy in' from the missus to build a GT40 once we move and I can afford it. I will be close to 'mortgage free' in NC.

Prior replica builds include 2 Cobras,one from Unique, the other from Contemporary...a 289FIA model, 1 of 7 Contemporary built, here....

IMG_1242.JPG

I have had a number of Mustang race cars and I currently own a 1995 Mustang Cobra R (#4 of 250) which has a unique history and I am currently setting it up for some road racing.

My plans are to build a GT40...probably an RCR MKI. I saw Ron McCalls GT40 at the SAAC convention and it ran that track like a stuck pig..I was so impressed with the car, I swore it was an original. I should've stopped by, but did not.

Anyway, I would love to replicate a car just like Ron's. It has the right stance and love the dry sumped system, I plan on running open track with it as well. Having emailed Ron and praised his build and abilities...what a quick build, I am blown away.

I think I would like to replicate his build, but do the car in Linden Green with black rims, much like the Targa 40 car below....

normal_1_100_0050medium.jpg

I am probably a year or more away from a purchase, but just wanted everyone to know I've joined and will be watching ALL of your builds.

Thanks in advance,

John

Last edited:

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome John.
I too come from Jersey ....way back when. Moved to MI in 79'. Lived in Edison and Point Pleasant prior to becoming a mid countryman. Good luck with your move and hopefully you can start your build soon.

molleur, thanks for the welcome.

Pat...yeah I know...you have heard this before....and what will I buy next? Champagne tastes and Beer pockets. I really love the RCR.

Rob....wow, Edison? I am minutes away in Somerset. It has gotten so built up here in the past 10 years, its almost claustrophobic. Been here most of my life, time for a change.

I've always wanted an exotic and the classic lines of a MKI are calling me.
I'm thinking a 331 or 347 with Dynatek FI.

Back