New Renderings.....

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Some ideas for a higher end version of our Superlite Roadster...

Attachments

• SLR RENDERING1.jpg
    SLR RENDERING1.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 627
  • SLR RENDERING 2.jpg
    SLR RENDERING 2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 743
  • SLR RENDERING 3.jpg
    SLR RENDERING 3.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 646
  • SLR RENDERING 5.jpg
    SLR RENDERING 5.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 667
  • SLR RENDERING 7.jpg
    SLR RENDERING 7.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 639
  • SLR RENDERING6.jpg
    SLR RENDERING6.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 680

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Keep em coming.....we only build what you guys want to buy....

Good , bad or indifferent....lets have it.....!!!!!!

Dude, they look friggin cool!!! I think you got one up on the aerial atom there my friend! Whos talent are we appreciating here?

I hope my opinion counts even tho i cant afford to buy :(

Donations or parts for my supercar fund are more than welcome :)

Has anyone done some photo shop or renderings of color schemes for the SL-C?
Mine will be basic black (wicked). Thinking of the roof panel in yellow with a thin red
stripe between. Black & yellow are the RCR colors after all!

The red one is pretty freaking hot. some good design work there. Maybe a little less hot rod influence in the front 'grill' area - but even that looks cool. The rest of the car looks great. I would just like a little more race flavor to the 'grill'

I want one! Franny..How much for a Turnkey-? Also what engine would be best considering weight /HP ratio? 6 cyl or 8? is a 6 cyl. turbo possible?

Back on track with the subject. Got excited!
Fran, the red car is awsome. Like the side panels, don't care for the 34 Fordish nose. The F1 nose would look neater (my 2 cents).

Howard Jones

Supporter
If you are playing with the computer try a round nosecone on one or the other. Not too long, more blunt than pointed, sorta like a old march indy car without the front wings.

My thoughts...

1) Headlight setup on the red car is far better than the yellow
2) Cycle fenders on both are great (much better than the current SL-R fenders)
3) Side pods/skits on both are good I am partial to the yellow (both are better than the current side pods)
4) I like the engine cover on the yellow car but would anything actually fit under that? I am still not so hot on the curved supports coming back off the roll hoops. I thought that the reason for using the curved supports was that some popular engine options wouldn't fit under the original straight X-brace. If that is the case then it doesn't look like anything will fit under that engine cover (please tell me I am wrong because I like the cover). I would like it if the engine cover went OVER the support braces. A cover should hide those as well as the engine.
5) Maybe need to do some renderings of a more practical/useful wind screen. This will be hard because the vehicle looks better without it but many customers will want one.
6) When I fist saw the front end I didn't like it but it is kind of growing on me now. I like it better than the current F1 front end... that said I would love to see a front end like this
Gwarfield.jpg

I also think that an engine cover like the one pictured might(???) look better and offer a little more room for an engine.
Gwarfieldjhgfds.jpg

I really like the SL-R (and SL-C) and I am really pleased to see that changes are still being considered and that the project is still moving along. Fran, thanks for sharing these new ideas and for soliciting our opinions.

Remember, nothing helps us make up our minds to buy a car like pictures (well that and an economy that's not floating around in that blue liquid in the bottom of a port-a-potty with all the other turds)!

I agree with Trevor on the above Warfield design, the front end is what needs a bit of attention on the two provided RCR cars. But they are definitely much more attractive now. The red version gets my vote. It just seems to be properly finished with all the right things covered and all the right things showing. I would also agree that the headlight treatment on the red car is much better aesthetically if they are going to be out front. Maybe move them back into the body a bit like the Atom. The wheels on the orange car are great. The very front of the body just needs something somehow. Nice evolution on the R. :thumbsup: Make the car look like the Warfield though and we will take 2! rockonsmile

Perhaps slightly more rake to the hood profile on the red one (to match the dash lines) on the side view? This would also reduce the frontal area of the grill.

The cars are beautiful, butyYou might want to look at the fender design on the Caterham CSR - I understand that the circular form fenders from the first photos cause big lift. The CSR's aren't the prettiest, but they supposedly are better for drag and lift.

Now you're talking! The Warfield rendering (second one, but without the front wing) really does it justice! Thanks for another super "out of the box" ideation.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Remember ...
This car is not aimed at the masses...
This car is not intended to be 365 day practical
This car is not for the shrinking Violet

This car is intended as a raw hard edge "out there" car.....

FYI. the radiators do not mount in the nose so the Warfield front inlets do not
apply...
I like the Warfield design but I think its already too dated ...more forward
thinking and Avante Garde input needed....also we already have the EL-R that lends itself to much smaller engine bay packaging...

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
My thoughts, for what they're worth, are this...

- I love the side scoops of the Yellow Car.
- I like the engine cover idea on both cars, this is because there are so many engine choices, the open design may be more practical. Or offer an engine cover for some of the most common choices and give the open one to those who think outside the box.
- Fenders, I like them. They look the same on both renderings. CF Fenders may be a little much, but oh well. Hahaha
- Headlights, the Red Car's headlights definitely. The Yellow Car's headlights just look weird to me.
- Spoiler, this car is crying for a nice big spoiler hanging off it's ass. I like the front & rear spoiler ideas Mr. Trevor has drawn up there. Looks mean and aggressive.
- As far as the body, I'm sorry, I'm still a big fan of the SL-R F1 nose. Craig & the RCR Australia crew did a fantastic job on their yellow car. Absolutely incredible.

So, those are my opinions. We all know what they say about opinions, but there they are. Great work as usual Mr. Hall, absolutely top notch. Now if I could just afford to buy one...

Laters,

Brian

The part that I'd most like to see go in to production out of the two renderings would be the fenders from the red car. The current fenders seem quite bulky and I think skinny fenders would flow much better with the style of the car.

I wouldn't mind an engine cover as long as some of the taller engines could fit (Honda), but personally would rather see a spoiler first. I like the style of the engine cover from the white and black car the most. And I'd personally put a screen in the hoops to protect people's hair getting sucked back there.

Also, I still prefer the F1 style nose to the others, but wouldn't mind some more body panels on the side and in the front. I like the side planels from the yellow car the most. And I also like that the front of the car seems much more closed off than the current SL-R.

Anyways, looks good Fran.

the side skirts look awesome, perfect addition.

I like the engine cover on the first few a lot too, very nice!

The first rendering with the F1 nose and a big front and rear wings would be awesome!

Back