rcr fuel senders

I can't help with your question but make sure the senders are right side up. Mine came up-side-down from Classic Insurments.
Jeff Hamilton

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Andy,
My records show it is 1/8" NPT. I ordered the adapters from Earl's. The part number was 2405-06-02 for the 1/8" NPT to AN-6.

I agree with Jeff, check for correct orientation. Mine also came upside down from Classic.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I can't help with your question but make sure the senders are right side up. Mine came up-side-down from Classic Insurments.
Jeff Hamilton

I've not dug mine out of the boxes yet - but -
How can you tell by looking at them if they are upside down?

Thanks

Chuck

Supporter
Randy:

The best way is to test wire the sending uints to the guages on your work bench before installation to confirm it not upside down. Since the gauges are essentially 'upside down' the sending units need to be flipped as well. Better to find this out before the sending units are buried deep under a maze of hoses and wires.

Hi Andy,
My records show it is 1/8" NPT. I ordered the adapters from Earl's. The part number was 2405-06-02 for the 1/8" NPT to AN-6.

I agree with Jeff, check for correct orientation. Mine also came upside down from Classic.

THANKS ROB. jeff/chuck will check senders first, all the best, Andy

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Randy:

The best way is to test wire the sending uints to the guages on your work bench before installation to confirm it not upside down. Since the gauges are essentially 'upside down' the sending units need to be flipped as well. Better to find this out before the sending units are buried deep under a maze of hoses and wires.

Now I see what you're saying.... Thanks for the "Heads-UP" (as it were).. :)

Keith

Lifetime Supporter
Yes, the senders are 1/8 National Pipe Thread (NPT). Fittings to adapt 1/8 NPT to 1/4, 5/16, and 3/8 barb fittings (hose fittings) are availlble through all the major sellers here in the states. Adaptors to AN (Army, Navy) fittings are availlable also.
Keith

Mine are "upsidedown", but now buried. I'm not looking forward to switching them around. Do it now before it is too late!!!

Back