V8 Supercars at the Mountain

yeh my favourte weekend , and ill be putting a couple of bob on Graig and co, may the best man win
cheers John

One day.....One day..... I will actually get to watch this race live...

Ever since seing an M635 years ago competing, with a camera in it's headlamp area, I've hankered to visit Aus during this event - so like I say - One day!...

Oh and best of all - it won't be won by something with a poxy prancing horse on its nose...:thumbsup:

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Hard for that to happen when only Ford and GM are competing...
Having said that I love this race and always watch it from start to finish!

Wikipedia have an interesting entry too - (assuming it's accurate

couldnt be any better if they tried.

as 90% of the track is public rd i had the enviable pleasure of driving around it years ago in a VC valiant 1970 vintage, deffinitly NOT a race car i give you the tip.
sort of like a wheelbarrow full of wet cement.
go the blue oval
cheers John

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
A big hit during practice at Mount Panorama this morning is likely to end the weekend early for both Team Kiwi Racing and Paul Weel Racing.
However, the good news is that neither PWR's Paul Weel nor Team Kiwi's Chris Pither were seriously injured.
The accident occurred early in this morning's first practice when Weel spun just before McPhillamy Park and backed his Commodore in to the wall. While Weel was stranded, Pither arrived on the scene in the TKR Falcon at pace and smashed into the #50 Commodore, which Weel was planning to share with regular PWR driver Andrew Thompson in Sunday's Great Race.
PWR Team Manager, John Panozzo, told BigPond Sport that Weel was okay, but it was unlikely that the team would attempt to repair its badly damaged Commodore.
“The medicos have been on the scene. He is conscious. There are no apparent injuries, but they wanted to play it safe given that it was such a big impact,” he said.
“They extricated him from the car on the spinal board to make sure there are no internal injuries.
“However, I don't think we will be able to repair the car before Sunday.”
Weel was suffering from pain in his lower back and rib cage, and was expected to be flown from the track to Nepean Hospital in Penrith for observation.
Pither was cleared of any injuries

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Yes Bill, a great win. Three in a row for Ford, man up you Chebbie boys.:laugh:

Does anyone know when the Hotel on the Mount is due to open?

Ive been following Bathurst since i was at high school and this is the first time ive ever picked the winner, mabe lotto next
brilliant race , and for what its worth even though he drives a holden i reckon Murph had the drive of the race, and you'd have to feel for stevey boy who ran out of tyres and had to drop off the pace in the final few laps while holding 2nd place, poor sod.
cheers John

Back