More pictures of the SL-C at R&G 2008

Pete K.

GT40s Supporter
Everyone seems to have taken pictures of the SL-C at the 2008 Run & Gun, so I'd better add some of mine too.

There is all sorts of room in the SL-C. I'm 6'4" tall and 240 lbs and fit very comfortably. Notice the head room in this shot (click on the picture to expand it to a larger size):
DSC_0045.JPG

Another side shot...
DSC_0428.JPG

Cornering...
DSC_0076.JPG

Front corner...
DSC_0523.JPG

Front...
DSC_0595.JPG

Rear...
DSC_9879.JPG

Foot box area, driver's side...
DSC_9936.JPG

Shift lever mechanism...
DSC_0116.JPG

And finally, another picture showing just how much room there is in the SL-C...
DSC_0440.JPG

The quality of the body was instantly obvious since the car was not painted. Instead the car was simply black gel-coat with green decals. Stunning even without paint or body work to smooth out the mold lines.

The steering column is a real hoot being electrically adjustable for rake (height) and distance from the dash.

Great car.

Pete, thanks for the pictures. It was nice to see the interior shots, too. Thanks to all the others that have posted pics and vids of the Run & Gun as well. It sure helps out those that could not make it.

Oh yeah ... the car looks great :thumbsup:

Chris,

we removed the centre console when we changed cables....

You can see it in place in the first interior shot..these are just painted parts for a track style car...the door interior panels for the upgrade kit are not shown..

We made some lightweight aluminum closeout panels for the standard door ,just for this weekend.

Fran, thanks for the response. I ran accross the interior panels on another post. It is nice to have them available to finish off the interior, if desired. RCR has put together a great product. I have enjoyed seeing it progress over the past year or so.

Pete K.

would you be able to wear a helmet in the SLC? You mentioned you're 6'4", what is your inseam? Did your head clear the rollbar above you? Did that SLC have a rollbar on top? Was the floor modified from stock to lower the seat or was the seat just bolted to the flat floor?

The driver of the SLC is certainly not 6'4".

Sorry for the pestering, the SLC I tried was a different story. I'm 6'2" with 34" inseam and couldn't wear a helmet and clear the bar.

Pete F

That is the car you saw at Carlisle...full cage...pedals and seat were moved to accomodate John as he and I are worlds apart in height,,,me being a short arse and all

Fran,

that is amazing! I did try Ernie's SLC at Carlisle and without a helmet my head touched the top bar. The GT40 14 car is setup similar as your SLC and I don't fit in them.

From the pictures it is clear that it can be made to fit John or me.

You do have a wonderful product there.

Pete F.

Peter,

we are able to mount the master cylinders on the front of the footbax for taller drivers...this provides a ton of extra space inside the cockpit....

I'm 6'3" - 6'4" and was able to fit in the black / green car that Fran had at Run and Gun, no problem, with a helmet (just to be sure). Plenty of clearance between my head and the roll cage. And it was set up for someone else, I'm sure things will be even better when the car is built for ME!

Again, great job Fran! Fitting tall people often gets over looked when designing a car like this.

I do believe that this car has a "lowered" floor on both drivers and passengers side....am I correct on this Fran? It looked like maybe only a 1/4 - 1/2" triangular pocket that allows for more of a reclined position.

With the amount of headroom available, and the adjustable steering column, I might even be able to fit in the car without the lowered floor given the right angle of the seat.

Ths floor in this car has a slight drop section but its a standard option and was in the car as displayed at Carlisle...
Moving the pedals and masters cylinders was the breakthrough in interior space...

...Moving the pedals and masters cylinders was the breakthrough in interior space...

Makes sense, I remember I didn't have nearly as much room when I sat in that chassis in your shop. The adjustable steering column and moving the pedal setup gives me much needed space between my legs and the wheel. Much more comfortable.

Pete K.

GT40s Supporter
Pete F.,
I've a 34" inseam and I'm certain that even with a helmet, I'd fit into the car comfortably. I was amazed at the amount of room in the car.

Fran, any chance the 917 has similar room?

fran i don't know what to say.

you ruined it for me!

i ordered a yellow rcr40.....now i have to paint it BLACK. damn that car is striking!!! what do you think that color pattern will look like on a 40? want to experiment? just a thought!

wes

Just some thoughts. I have really enjoyed seeing these pictures of the SL-C in action but I was never 100% taken by it. IN some photos is looked awesome, in others something didn't sit right with me (I also readily acknowledge that photos NEVER do justice to seeing the product in person. My breath is still taken away every time I see a GT40 in the proverbial flesh).

Anyway, I finally worked out what it was. The size of the rear wing. As someone who really has no interest in track cars the rear wing always seemed too much. So my question to those in the know about such things much better than me, for a road car you obviously would not need the same amount of down force (unless you intend to drive like a fool on public roads) how easy it would be to exchange the current rear wing for something more subtle and attached to the rear clip like that seen on say a Pagani Zonda (see below) or a lotus esprit?

Regards

Jack

Attachments

• Pagani-Zonda.jpg
    Pagani-Zonda.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 342
Jack,

I'm with you, but how about transparent like a TVR Sagaris?

Attachments

• 2004-TVR-Sagaris-R-Car-Show-1280x960.jpg
    2004-TVR-Sagaris-R-Car-Show-1280x960.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 302
The SL-C is an incredible looking car!! Is the body fiberglass, aluminum, or carbon fiber?

What engines/transaxles can be fitted? How about a Cosworth DFV with a Hewland transaxle?

Thank you
Will Parker

Back