Hewland DGB wanted-possible partial trade??

I am looking at changing my track car over to a dog-shifted gearbox,preferably a Hewland DGB.I have a Porsche 930 running inverted with all Kennedy parts,adapter(to Chevy LS6)/clutch/starter that I wouldn't need after.The trans shifts great and is in great condition.It would be perfect for a high horsepower mid engined kit car.So If you have a full-race car that you're looking to tame down for the street,maybe we could make a deal for a partial trade for the Hewland.

Dave,

If you do find the DGB you are looking for you will need a bellhousing to suit, we machined one from billett Ali (for a VGC) the face plate on the DGB is very similar to the VGC. Send me a PM and I will help

Iain

Iain,
Would you know if the outside dimentions are similar between a DGB and VGC?I am most concerned with the distance from the front mounting surface(where the bellhousing will bolt to)to the centerline of the axle.

Dave

Hello.
Just been catching up with this thread. The dimension you want from b/h face to axle c/l is 6" on the DG. What will make a distance is from what car the box you get comes, as input shaft length's vary greatly. For instance, an F5000/chevy insatlation would have a bell housing of around 7" but we run one in a Lola T280 with a DFV and the B/h is over 9" long all with corresponding input shafts. Also Hewland only rate the DG to around 420lbs/ft of torque, which although at its limit in an F5000 car has very little weight to propel, but could cause early or premature bearing probs on a similarly engined but heavier car.
Hope this is of some help to you.

Oh, and DG dimension pics are avaliable on the Hewland web site downloads section.

Cheers.

Darren

CRC Racecar Engineering

Back