another member in the UK

Just signed up today and thought I would introduce myself.

Starting to do research on a 40 build and this seems like the perfect place to start. Really looking forward to the process, all of the questions and answers and all of the new friends

keefer

Welcome,Keefer.Are you planning a scratch build or starting with some components from one of the replica manufacturers?In either case there is a wealth of information in present and past threads to draw from. A.J.

Welcome Keefer

You'll not find a friendlier more knowledgeable bunch of GT40/similar petrol heads on the planet.

Do try out the search function as many topics have been covered previously - although some revisited will bring up more current information. There have been many developments and changes of thought on how best to do things over the years.

Finally - think about joining either or both of the UK GT clubs. The Enthusiasts club offer a friendly social scene with local meetings across the country, plus organise trips such as the Le Mans Classic. The GTD40 Car Club focuses on Sprint/Hillclimb competition and trackdays and is now web based. Both clubs can offer a great deal of knowledge and friendly assistance in your building quest.

Have fun! :thumbsup:

thanks for the greeting all,

I will look into the clubs Paul. Presumably all info can be had on the net.

I am planning a build based on an original design mono chassis (not scratch). Still deciding where to head for this. So many decisions.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi

A bit further down the main page is a section called GT40 Media Center and Clubs

Both club's details can be found there.

Which part of the country do you hail from - if in Surrey next week Wednesday is the Gt40 Enthusiasts's meeting in the Manor Hotel near Guildford - normally get about 20 people there so no doubt people will help with your answers

Oh yes and the Classis Car Show at the end of November at the NEC

Ian

Ian

thanks for the heads up

I am in London so not far.

Not sure I can make it next Wednesday but will try. I assume this is a evening gathering.

Back