Original GT40 header tank.

Does anyone have any drawings with dimensions for the original GT40 mk1 header tank that i may have?

Regards

I have got the original Mk1 race car water tanks about done. These were built from original blueprints. There were 3 original versions. Basicly early, race and street. I have seen all 3 prints. I have built all the individual parts to the prints and have just struggled with fnishing the water necks. I can sell these as they are with and wiithout the mounting tabs welded on. You might need to refit these accordingly if you do not have an original car or exact copy. Email me if your interested. I also posted a pic of my original from a race car.

Attachments

• Water Tank 1.jpg
    Water Tank 1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 605
  • Water Tank 2.jpg
    Water Tank 2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 620
  • Water Tank Fitting.jpg
    Water Tank Fitting.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 497
  • original tank.jpg
    original tank.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 661
The originals had the top panel stamped with 2 ribs to stiffen it up and mine do not have those yet. I am trying to find a way to bead roll them in. I kinda put this on the back burner and forgot about it for awile. I have about 12 welded up half with mounts and half with out mounts welded on. I havent finished the necks yet either. I bought original necks from the UK with matching caps but they came gold anodized instead of mill finish. I also have another 6-8 cut and bent but not welded. I cnc'd all the lower fittings from the blueprint. How would you want them?

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Personally I think that the shape and function is more important that absolute originality to my customers...
I would prefer them with no brackets attached so we can add tabs and make the fitment easier for our customers...
I would take a minimum of half dozen and keep them on hand .....

Doable??
PM if you want...or give me a call sometime next week if you have a few minutes.

Jay,

Your website has rolled over and died. Or rather, the GT40 portion of it has gone. Your link just takes you to your roundy-round page, but all your GT40 parts photos and prices have disappeared.

Do you plan to reinstate that soon? :sad:

Allen, my friend Bill Tuttle in Virginia was making these. I will try to contact him and see if he has some available. He had them with the mounting brackets separate so you could set up the mounting however best for your car's arrangement.

Back