New Guy Post

Hi all,
My name is Grady Wilson and live in Asheville, NC, USA. I'm trying to save the US economy by buying my third car this year--GT40-P-2124. She is a Mk II with a NOS 427 side oiler, ZF-Q 5 speed, and Monza red w/white stripes. Companion to go with the SPF MkIII, also Monza red. Maybe if I put a cover on the GT40 my wife will think it is the Cobra and not know I got another car :idea:
After all she did say, "If you want one why don't you get one." However, she did notice the exhaust sound change with my SGT/SC after I had several gauges installed...."Oh this one is for vacuum and boost...so you'll know what is going on with the engine." She can't hear the twin screw supercharger, but does notice the increase in acceleration.

I'm looking at changing to the AVON tires and a few small mods (mostly safety adds-fire system). I usually ride along on the sidelines on the nets and read.
Regards to all

"Dream like you will live forever. Live like your going to die today"
James Dean

Welcome to the forum,officially,since it looks like you are familiar with it.One question - what's with the TU152? Last time I looked,that was a long range Soviet bomber. A.J.

I know the car, Olthoff had it, correct? I recently sold 2103. In fact Dennis transported it to the over seas shipper for me. I am in Greenville SC and still have my CAV MK1, in fact I am in the middle of a engine swap. You will love the side oiler, great torque and great sound. Drop by sometime, it is only a 70 minute drive. welcome. chuck

I think it was the yellow car that went to Sweden...Dennis still has my car to install the Halon system, change to camlocks belts from the standard, change to the HD rear window, add the Car bon (sp) brake pads, speedo correct, add a extra rear xmsn mount, and bring it up to date with all the changes. I have a great respect for the car as it could get away from you, but with a trip to VIR to polish and 'master the beast' as Bob O. would say. When I get the car home I give you a post and get up with you.
Regards
Grady

yes, that was my car, #8, bought by a guy from Denmark actually. I am upgrading to a 480hp 347 in the MK1. After driving the MK11 with the 427 roush, the little 302 seemed way too slow. One GT40 is plenty though. Was my Red SPF Daytona #55 still at Olthoffs when you were there?

Back