Body Latches

Hi,
Maybe someone can help me out with other options on latches for the body on my GTD, pictured are the latches that came with my car, I think these are crap and want something better, any help would be great.
Thanks,
Bob

Last edited:
There is a gentlemen on the forum, cushmanscomp I believe, that makes clones of original latches. You might want to inquire with him as to cost and availability.

Will Parker

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Attachments

• R687124-02.jpg
    R687124-02.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 346

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Bob

The latches you have are Triumph herald.

Our latches are stainless steel, adjustable and have a lock. GTD used them.

Thanks

Andy

Attachments

• Body section catches.jpg
    Body section catches.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 403
Bob, CAV might be able to supply you with some of the standard CAV latches - they're quite good. Don't have a pic unfortunately but they are similar to what you have but better engineered with a "T" catch and lock pretty positively. They're polished stainless. Maybe ping Ian on the forum here with CAV Canada for the quickest response.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Actually the latches you have are the same as a Triumps BUT the M gives the game away

They are Marcos units!

I have the same ones and a Marcos nut spotted them a mile away!

Ian

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Actually, the "M" on the latch is for "Micheletti" the Italian design house that drew the Herald and Spitfire. Marcos just "parts binned" the latches.

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Bob,

Just to complicate things, try the following using the search function in the toolbar:

Ellis Hubbard
MDA
Mudgey

All are clearly and by a margin more expensive than some of the alternatives, but they surely have a look closer to original equipment. Good luck!

T.

Back