Aluminum radiator for GTD wanted (US)

Hi all,

Where can I get an aluminum radiator that would be a direct replacement for the stock GTD unit? Also, does anyone know how much weight the aluminum rad saves?

Happy Thanksgiving

In the UK I would reccommend Docking Engineering (+44 1327 857164) of:

Unit 15
Silverstone
Northants
NN12 8TL
UK

Or speak directly to 'Mel' on 'Zero One Three 27 540311'

Takes a Vauxhall sized thermostatic switch on the RHS - make sure you request to have 2 bleeds added to top inside corners + check that the inlet outlet pipes are the correct angle - 10 degree angle?

Oh and they are MUCH lighter and MUCH more efficient than stock GTD.

Eric
If it will help you I have a GTD radiator in copper that I can dimension for you, it would probably be relatively easy to get a unit made in aluminum from those measurements.
The unit I have has both inlet and outlet at the bottom with the angle Paul mentioned. Also there are two bleeders at the top of the radiator. There are two mounting flanges, one on each side for fit-up to the front subframe.
If you need dimensions PM me and I can either send a drawing here or via e-mail.
Phil

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Eric

We have them in stock. weight is 9lbs compared to 27lbs plus there is an additional weight saving for carrying less water.

Andy

Attachments

• Alurad.jpg
    Alurad.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 323

Malcolm

Supporter
I swapped out my tired standard GTD brass, weighs half a bloody ton rad for a Docking ali one in 20 minutes, no issues on fitment. Pace and Docking both do good products, Docking is a bit cheaper. The depth of the rad is less with an ali one, at first I thought it may not cool so much but actually it works as good as before (except the ali one doesn't have a million holes in it!) if not a bit better. My thermostat switch also just swapped over without a glitch.

Thanks all for the many responses for the radiator. This forum is amazing...
Bob, Thanks for the drawing offer , but Phil has been kind enough to send me his spec on the unit. Kudos to the rest of you for your help and asistance as well. It's good to know the GTD has a strong network for spares.

Thanks again!

Back