RCR shop visit

Hi, i just wanted to let everyone on the forum know what a great time i had visiting Fran's shop on Sat. the shop was much bigger than i thought with a good 10-12 cars in the process of being built and plenty of parts to build more. While i was there i was lucky enough to see in person the sema car, words can describe the detail and workmanship that went into that car if you have a chance go see it before the owner picks it up do it , Oh and one last thing Fran had a nice package for me in the corner with 4 wheels and a body a gt 40 i think, now the fun begins thanks again Fran regards Bob Peckham

Chuck

Supporter
Hey Bob:

Ryan and I have made three pilgrimages to Fran's shop in the last two years. Two visits to the old shop and one to the new shop. Fran has been a gracious host on each visit (one before we got the GT and two after). I suspect we will be finding a an excuse to visit again. Looking at all those great toys is more fun than Disney Land.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Sounds like you had a great time. My friend Nick & I went by there and drooled all over the cars and machinery he had there at the shop. Absolutely wonderful place and a pilgrimage each RCR fan MUST take.

What GT40 did you get, Bob? MkI, MkII, MkIV? Details man, DETAILS!! :D

Congratulations,

Brian

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
money spinning idea......little sit on buggy with tour guide universal studios style ......$1000 per person....... refundable on order of RCR car....hehehehehe

Hey ! When Fran moves into the GM or the Ford buildings after they go out of business, maybe he can have an "Open House" event like Factory Five Racing.

Charlie M

Supporter
Bob,

Great to hear that your trip went well. I can't wait to see the car. When are "visiting hours"?

Charlie

My visit was back in February. COLD! I couldn't believe my eyes, I wanted it ALL!
917 was in development (wanted one), 904 on the shelf (wanted one), P-4 in progress (had to have one), 2 GT-40's under construction (always wanted one).
The yellow SL-C proto was there, ordered one immediately. Almost changed to the 917 before I left but practicality won out as this is to be a street car. I was most impressed by the level of engineering and expertise that went into these projects. The momo tubs were a splendid example of functional simplicity. Now I will have my SL-C delivered within a week (my changes were the delay) and I am ever so excited. Told my spouse to just put a cot in the garage! Thanks Fran for your enduring attention to details.

Chris Kouba

Supporter
no pics = no visit

Don't tell me you didn't bring a camera... Post'em please.

(and still happy for you and welcome to the club Bob!)

I was Bob's navigator for his trip to Detroit. Bob is a great car builder, as far as posting pictures goes - like I said Bob is a great car builder. I took a few pictures, first post, but I think they are attached here. Fran thanks for the breakfast and tour of your shop, it was a great way to break up 27 hours of windshield time.

Attachments

• Adios FIA.jpg
    Adios FIA.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 434
  • Bobs GT40.jpg
    Bobs GT40.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 427
  • Loading GT40.jpg
    Loading GT40.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 431
  • Fran's shop.jpg
    Fran's shop.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 457
Yes he did trade in the Cobra.....
its quite a special car.
289 FIA body on an FFR chassis.
Extremely well done with very accurate details....
IDA carbs, FIA trunk mods , correct mismatched seats and belts ,FIA wheels ...all in all a super car....and certainly not a standard FFR by any stretch..if there is such a thing.
I am not a Cobra guy but this one will be hanging around for a while....

Cant wait to see how nicely he puts together his new RCR40.....

Brian Hamilton

So you're accepting trades now eh? Got a BEAUTIFUL 2000 Ford Crown Victoria P71 (Police Interceptor) I'll trade ya for the SL-C... It'll get you outta tickets....

Brian Hamilton

Dont tell me you have the steer horns on the hood too.....
Bo and Luke have nothing on you....

Hahaha
Just because I live in Texas, doesn't mean I roll like Boss Hogg!!! LOL

Sorry to take the thread off topic. Great news on your acquisition of the MkI GT40!! Now out with the details of drivetrain & paint!!! We all know it's going to be blue...

Last edited:
Back