RCR Bag Tanks

'Ello

Has anybody out there fitted bag tanks to an RCR yet. If yes what is the easiest :)laugh:) way to cut the holes in the mono for the fuel pipe filler and breather hose since work space is tight under the scuttle? Also from a positioning point of view I plan to align the holes so that the tank is as far forward as possible so it is supported under heavy braking, is this the right thing to do?

Thanks in eager anticipation

John

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
John - I've not done what you are asking about - however - I have had some thoughts about making the RCR-40 a competition approved car with Fuel Cell..

One of the thoughts I've had was to make use of the faux spare tire well on the RCR and fit it with a round fuel cell such as this one from ATL;

0609_EPCP_15Z+gear+atl_fuel_cell.jpg

Gear Atl Fuel Cell Photo

Aero Tec Laboratories - Aero Tec Labs - Aerotech - ATL - Aerotec - AeroTech Labs, Fuel Cells, Bladders, Bladder Tanks, Pillow Tanks_Tank_Containment, Portable Tanks_Tank, Liquid Storage, Collapsible Tanks, Aqua-Flex, DECON, HazMat, Containment Berms,

This cell (pictured) would probably be too tall but I think you get the idea... It may be too that a custom cell could be created that would start in the spare tire well and drop down in front behind the radiator - yet clear the nostril(s)...

Just thinking .... :)

Randy

I have the bladder (bag?) tanks as supplied by RCR, they are excellent and come complete with FIA approval , but thanks for the thought

Fran

I will give you a call tomorrow, thanks :chug:

Best

John

Back