vents...

powered up the blower motor to test it, and though the blower motor works like crazy, not that much air came out of the vents.

is there a fix for this?
will going to new vent tubing help?
whats the deal here?
:)

Without actually seeing the installation, it appears to have too much restriction (perhaps routing) in the blower hoses or ducts. Are they sealed well??

havent investigated yet. it is as it came from superformance.
i was just wondering if this was common or if there was a common fix.
we'll take a closer look soon enough.

3 possibilities Mike.
1. On your door HVAC controls is the airflow knob set fully to face vents?
2. Did you change the fan relays as recommended by Superformance? The latest cars may have this update already.
3. Some of the vent hoses behind the dash are crushed during installation. You can access them after removing the A/C evaporator in the front compartment. There is a lot of excess hose that can be shortened and the kinks opened up. That helped my car.

Trond

Lifetime Supporter
3 possibilities Mike.
2. Did you change the fan relays as recommended by Superformance? The latest cars may have this update already.
3. Some of the vent hoses behind the dash are crushed during installation. You can access them after removing the A/C evaporator in the front compartment. There is a lot of excess hose that can be shortened and the kinks opened up. That helped my car.

Hi

What changes has Superformance recommended to do regarding the fan relays?

Regards
Trond

Hi Tron,
The blower fan relay retrofit is GT40 Service Bulletin 0702GTB. I got my notice from my dealer, Dynamic Motorsports, about a year ago. It included a small wiring harness with new relays and installation instructions. The retrofit was to eliminate a high amp draw on the blower switch. Not all cars require this retrofit.

Trond

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks!

My car is number 20013. I`ll have to check this out, but everything has worked fine so far.

Regards
Trond

3 possibilities Mike.

regarding point #2,
is there a vin# we know of that the retrofit from superformance took place?
is this something my dealer will provide me with if it didnt come from superformance?

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
This is interesting as I had to replace the terminals feeding the blower switch on the high position and the main feed to the switch, both had excessive current going through them causing them to heat and turn dark brown. I was not aware of any relay involed with the process.

My prior statement that the retrofit kit replaced existing relays is incorrect. The retrofit kit installed relays in the blower circuit so the switch wouldn't overload. I believe Mike Evangelista of Dynamic Motorsports wrote the retrofit instructions, but am not sure whether this was an official Superformance announcement or not. I would contact your dealer or Superformance direct if unsure that you need it.

Back