Budget conscious Track only car

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Here are some early shots of a spec track car we are developing with help from Al Fernandez from NASA...with drivers ed. and budget racing in mind.

Stock Suzuki Hayabusa 1300cc power 185hp.
Target weight is 1100lbs with thin wall DOM.chassis.
6'4" driver compatible..
Mark(pictured) is 6'3" tall and long legged...I am only 5'8" and have no legs basically...short ass syndrome..
On track target price with stock donor engine included $20k
LSD with enclosed chain drive, electric reverse.
Paddle shift.

Bodywork renderings coming very soon from the same guys that did the SL-R upgrade . New Renderings.....
The spirit of the bodywork will echo the modern sportbikes with simplistic edgy lines ..four cycle fenders for open track use and track day compliance ...

We already have pre-orders for two driving schools that have purchased SL-R's as drivers Education cars and the SL-Nemesis(single seater) will then be their school car...
The aim of the car is to provide a safe, affordable , high revving and fun single seat experience without the cost or confines of a Formual Ford ...NASA is really keen to promote their race series with alternative cars...and they contacted RCR about developing the SL-R but when I showed them the Nemesis they were really keen..

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited:
Looks nice Fran.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but it looks an awful lot like an aeriel atom to me, but at a sensible price ;)

way to go Fran ;-)

only concern, as with all bike engined cars, high mantainence requirements and reliability.

would a K20a fit as in the SL-R? and what would the trade off be i,e, weight, cost, etc?

great concept though and def a move in the right direction for me

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Looks like you're going pushrod suspension for the front. Very cool. I like this car a lot. Great track car for those looking for just that. I'm sure with the heaps of aftermarket parts available for the Hyabusa engine, there will be some monsters made from this design. I can't wait till there are a few built and running so we can all get some feedback. I'm pretty impressed with this Mr. Hall. Good work once again...

:thumbsup:

Brian Hamilton

This is really a pretty cool car Fran. It takes your old bike racing history and incorperates it into your new profession of building badass cars. Very very cool. Now, what about a turbocharged version? :stunned:

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
think youve got me going again fran....... 13" wheels? ZZRrange an option? can we work on August exchange rates....hehehehehehe

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Brian...."NO"....stock engine "SPEC" car....once its in your driveway you can do whatever you like...:lipsrsealed:...

No 13 inch wheels...can fit the brake package I am using....17 inch wheels as supplied

ZZR....your driveway would be a great place to redesign the mounts

August 1993 would be fine....

Just weighed the bare chassis 148lbs...or 68kgs for the Metrics among you....lighter is possible but as these are aimed at school cars they need to be pretty robust too

Last edited:

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
what OD to caliper size you got??? rotors? flippin eck its only 490kgs..hehehehehe
will i need to put my eyeballs on returnable springs....

Brian Hamilton

148 lb chassis?! Holy crap!! :laugh: Why don't you make it out of titanium and see what it weighs then. LOL

four cycle fenders for open track use and track day compliance ...

What are four cycle fenders? Are you going to use the same tire size as the SL-R? If so, is this going to be a new fender design and will it fit on the SL-R?

Anyways, looks cool. I'm excited to see the new body renderings.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Chad,
cycle fenders is a term used for an independent fender ....Lotus 7 style..
Similar in concept to yours but less enclosing...and yes same size as the SL-R...I know where you are going with this ....:thumbsup:

Fran

as I said - def a move in the right direction but not quite right for me yet - but keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Back