Complete beginner

G,day I'm Fred from Adelaide South Australia. I'm at that time of life were I have a few bucks, not much mind you, and some time on my hands. Its a GT40 or an Arial Atom. The Atom dose not require me to do much just drive it. The GT on the other hand is gust the most beautiful thing, when don well, Ive seen. The GT is also real spooky when I look at what you guys go through. What would be the best kit for someone like me? We have two kit manufacturers here in OZ and some importers of overseas kits. How much does a GT40 end up costing approx? Thanks.

Cleanfred
Hi i'm Carlo from Adealide SA also.
I took delivery of a RoaringForties kit (Chassis, panelling and fitted body) 10 days ago!
It's a reasonably good version of the Mk1.
The boys at RF are very professional in their presentation and delivery of the many kits they have that make up a GT40 replica.
They allow the you to buy any or all of the kits (about 200) that would make up a car.
you are completely free to choose.
Obviously the body and chassis would be mandatory (although you could build the chassis from scratch!). This is around $30k
Total cost if you buy everything from RF and adding paint tyres and engineering/rego is about $130k

This would be spread over the build period which for me will be about three years.

I visited both manufaturers in the last two years before going with RF as they are closer to me and give great support.

Hopefully this helps a bit.

Hi Fred and Carlo,

I am an old Adelaide boy but living in Sydney now. I have built an RF and I know there are several RFs in Adelaide. I am sure the RF factory could put you in touch with some of them - it always helps to have a car nearby to look at.

Fred, search the site for many threads on what's involved in the different types of kits, whether you want a track car or a road car, rego requirements, etc.

Carlo, good luck on the build.

Back