Being in business

I was a home builder for 16+ years. I know that you can have rave reviews for years and people think well of you. I also know that one adverse comment can erase years of excellent work. I have an RCR SLC ordered with Fran. At times he is hard to contact because of the amount of orders he has. I talked to him yesterday and I don't feel uneasy about my order. Fran has a good reputation, I suggest we let the Fran and Billy work this out. Thanks, Al

I agree. I am extremely satisfied with the RCR product and the people involved. The bottom line is that Fran is an honest, creative, hard-working guy who is more a gear-head than most of us here, and has the stones to do what few would try. It is a tough economy right now for everyone, but I am confident it will all work out.

I agree with Billy,
I had a simular experience as Billy, with Fran not returning phone calls,
when he did return phone calls they where crap, straight out lies and a deliberate attempt to delay the return of my deposit, a delay of 6 months.
Fran's product is great and know's how to come up with great ideas to build cars,
but he has no idea how to manage a business or his time on the issues,
he is too bussy doing PR on this web site.
Again the RCR cars are second to none.
Neil

I agree with Billy and Neil. I appreciate the need for Fran to promote his business to make it grow. However, my experience has been that the desire to promote and generate new business occassionally runs ahead of servicing existing clients. People tend to get angry when they see happy announcements of customers who placed orders after them receiving kits or parts when they have been told by Fran that those items are unavailable or in the process of being produced. In my particular case, it was A/C units in the Spring of 2007.

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
I see the same cast of characters taking a swipe at RCR every chance they get. Yes, it appears that there were A/C vendor issues in the past. There still might be as RCR does not produce the A/C units, I don't know. I do know that continually throwing a tantrum about it will not make the vendor produce the units quicker. As far as other customers, some have to take a REALISTIC look at their finances and skill as to what is needed to complete one of these cars.

I applaud Fran for the way he has built his company and his committment to his customers, whether they purchase a car or some incidental bit to complete another manufacturer's car.

Last edited:
I also believe in RCR/Fran and have no worries about my order. Fran can take his time with my build, I have no deadline.

:2thumbsup: Cheers

Hi Gregg,

I applaud Fran as well. I believe my RCR 70 will be a wonderful experience to drive when it is complete. The assembler, who Fran recommended to me, has been doing a fine job and I hope to have it complete in the near future.

Fran did in fact deliver my A/C unit after I spoke with him about it in 2007. However, I continue to believe that customers should have received the available units based on when their orders were placed and paid for. While the shortage of units was a vendor issue, how the short supply was allocated to customers was a business decision. I do believe that a FIFO approach to requests for scarce inventory fosters good customer relations. That was the point I was trying to make with my post and I was trying to be constructive. I apologize for failing on both counts.

Mmmm now I don't even have a a RCR GT40 but after ringing RCR I was shipped an A/C unit and complete instructions.

It's now in my GT40.

One thing you cannot conrol in good or bad times is your suppliers.

RCR delivered promptly.

Bernie

Hi AL!

I hope you and your family are well.

One question! Your opening thread seems to be a little skiddish/ stirring the pot towards RCR.
Well understood of course.. considering you lost BIG $$$$$ with RF. I certainly understand your thoughts, assumptions regarding RCR "NOT" returning phone calls from all so many buyers are very relivant for concern. My question is that if a builder is SOOOO busy selling cars and making deals, Couldn't he afford a anserwing service? Food for thought! I see allot of praise towards RcR and rightfuly so. Frannny boy a nice guy just like The RF meathead that I can't remember his name that rip off $$$$.
Is it me, or does this sounds of Dasahvoo!

Best JOHN

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Peter, no problem and I understand your position. Sorry if I came off a bit harsh.

John, John, John, what can I say. You still have difficulty spelling. :) It is De-javu and you are waaaaay off base in your comparison. You ARE stirring the pot with a big spoon AND both hands. Let it go and give me a price on the Weber DVD delivered. Thanks.

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
One question! Your opening thread seems to be a little skiddish/ stirring the pot towards RCR. Well understood of course.. considering you lost BIG $$$$$ with RF. I certainly understand your thoughts, assumptions regarding RCR "NOT" returning phone calls from all so many buyers are very relivant for concern. My question is that if a builder is SOOOO busy selling cars and making deals, Couldn't he afford a anserwing service? Food for thought! I see allot of praise towards RcR and rightfuly so. Frannny boy a nice guy just like The RF meathead that I can't remember his name that rip off $$$$.
Is it me, or does this sounds of Dasahvoo!

Oh brother.....give me a break!

Dave L

Some of you need to graduate from the fifth grade, or at least pull up your skirts. Fran is doing an OUTSTANDING JOB.

Perhaps you should walk a mile in his shoes.....

I am one of the first and largest flag wavers for Fran and RCR. That being said, I had trouble getting parts too. The truth is I was NEVER held up on my build because I didn't have the part. Yes, I agree that all the parts should be received when the car is delivered. I was so mad sometimes when I thought about the fact that I paid in full but parts where still missing 4 months later. Here is the alternative....You get every part you paid for at delivery but it is a 2 year wait like ERA. Is that going to get your project built sooner? NO. Fran has always delivered what he can when he can. He has even sent stuff that was an upgrade that he didn't have to.

Neil, your experience with RCR ended very well because Fran did what he didn't have to do. That is return your deposit after YOU decided you didn't want the car. He spent that money and more to put your kit together just so at the last minute you could change your mind. I can't believe that you think you were entitled to that money. Again RCR did the right thing.

Andy, we are friends so listen when I say, you have to stay off the RCR threads for the good of your business. Take the high road.

Finally, to compare RCR to RF is just out of line. No more response is needed on that, well maybe an apology.

Keith

Lifetime Supporter
I too am a satisfied RCR customer. My order was placed in late December 2007 and I picked it up in May 2008. Were there a few shortages? Yes, but as others have pointed out here on the Forum, Fran has a way of getting the parts to you with out holding up the build. As Fran's business matures and as the cars themselves mature the part shortages will decline. There is nothing like a "frozen design" to make the production problems go away.
As far as the phone calls go I try to not call Fran unless it is something that only he can answer. Everything else, especially the "I can't figure out how to" questions, I try to resolve with a question to someone here on the Forum who is ahead of me in the build, or one of the RCR employees.
I learned early on that Fran is an honest man with a great vision and a love of these cars, and I believe that he wants my car complete and on the road as much or more than I do. Fran has done everything in his power to make my build a success; and that is all I could ask of Fran and RCR.
Keith

Back