Attachments

• CIMG2210.jpg
    CIMG2210.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 596
  • CIMG2212.jpg
    CIMG2212.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 575
Jim
Did Ford ever have troubles with the T44 at any of the races? Failures?

I think they had a problem with improperely hardened shafts but once in the MKII's. Once they fixed that none that I know of.

By the time they were used in the MK-IV's they were fine. MK-IV's won every race they entered.

Best

My impression was that initially there were two seals on the input shaft of early versions, this 'created' a dry area which did not get cooled by the oil and overheated the shaft, resulting in failure at that point. Remember reading it in a tech article many moon's ago, but as someone mentioned on another thread ,you cannot believe everything you read---even on this Forum.:)

My impression was that initially there were two seals on the input shaft of early versions, this 'created' a dry area which did not get cooled by the oil and overheated the shaft, resulting in failure at that point. Remember reading it in a tech article many moon's ago, but as someone mentioned on another thread ,you cannot believe everything you read---even on this Forum.:)

Mine's traveled 30K miles without incident.

Mine's traveled 30K miles without incident.

I would have to assume that yours being fitted to the MKIV is one of the later versions. I was not suggesting that yours or any other could be short lived, in fact quite the opposite, knowing what/where the majority of the components are sourced from the T44 makes the rest look like contenders for Mr Puniverse.:)

Back