Fuel Valve Switching

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone has the gadget I need. Unfortunately I don't know what they are called.......I'm running separate selectable lift pumps from each fuel tank into a swirl pot that contains a high pressure injector pump inside it and I'm looking for electric fuel switching valve to selectively switch the fuel return ( from the fuel rail and excess in swirl pot ) back to the tank that is running the lift pump from

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

:thumbsup:

Hi John

I have done a system similar to yours. I used two cut off valves used for immobilising vehicles to direct the return flow to the tank from which fuel is drawn. It is installed and working though time will tell if the constant flow through the low pressure pump will shorten their life.

The diagram is attached

Regards

Steve

Attachments

• Fuel systems II Feb 07.pdf
    20.9 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
John, I used the DRB recommended 6-port change-over valve :

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 149pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=198 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 149pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 7241" width=198><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #eae6dd; BORDER-TOP: #eae6dd; BORDER-LEFT: #eae6dd; WIDTH: 149pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #eae6dd; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=198 height=17>Ashdown 6 port fuel valve 27-90106 (Harness = 27-90107)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

You can see a pic & some specs on page 7 of this catalogue :

http://www.ashdown.com.au/ezyedit/fileLib/Catalogues/general3.pdf

It basically has two 3-way valves :

- Fuel from 1 of 2 tanks in ==> LP pump ==> swirl pot
- Return from swirl pot ==> 1 of 2 return ports to tanks

The following pic shows my fuel system setup

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Attachments

• Fuel System.jpg
    Fuel System.jpg