Hi all... new to this site wanted to introduce myself

Hi Everyone,
Just got a SPF GT40 roller and just about to put in the goods.. wanted to introduce myself and if anyone has any good advise for me I would appreciate it.

thanks,
David

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Good for you Dave! Are you doing this yourself? If so there is plenty of advise on this forum. Where you located in CA?

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum!
There are many SPF40 builders lurking about here, lot's of good info too.

Hi there David
....and welcome. As you already know there is a lot of information on this site manufacture specific. Good luck with your final assembly. Having both a SPF MkIII and the GT40MkII, I think you are going to be very busy. Lots of small places to try and get your fingers into. Having said that you may want to look into an electric speedo and getting away from the cable and gear reducer. Do you have your engine and transaxle? :shy:

Hey guys thanks for the replys. I am not putting it together myself. I have an installer in Fullerton Calif. that does a great job by the name of Voss Performance. I have purchased the engine from Roush (427R) and the ZF transaxle. Engine should be here in about 3 more weeks. I will ask my installer about the electric speedo. Is it costly, and what advantage does that give? Thanks.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
$269 if I can recall and you will have to purchase the pick up unless you make your own. All you need is a cam or crank sensor and make a mounting bracket. I used the bolts on the CV joint as a rotating reference. I have the zf sensor if your interesting in buying one, I didn't like it as it dripped oil out of the case. You can get the programmable speedo through www.speedhut.com. Here is a picture.

Attachments

• IMG_9290.jpg
    IMG_9290.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 174

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Dave, welcome,

I see you have P2164, I'm up in northern CA and have recently received P2264, I would love to see some pix of your car!

Back