Gt40 x-1 110a

I was wondering if the sister chassis of the 1966 Sebring winning car is still floating around in the United States. I believe the chassis number is 110A. Thank you.

I suppose we will have to wait until Ronnie Spains new book is out. Incidentially
Evan you tried to contact me as to be put on my friends List. Sorry I cannot oblige due to old technology My old iMac does not display all the menu necessary to get you on to my Friend listing
Regards Allan

I was wondering if the sister chassis of the 1966 Sebring winning car is still floating around in the United States. I believe the chassis number is 110A. Thank you.

There have been stories that an aluminium GT40 tub was discovered about four years ago, here in the UK, but I haven't seen it, although I have spoken to somebody who claims to have done so. If genuine, it may be the so-called X-2, which was never completed.

The Shelby mechanic who chopped up the original X-1 told me it was buried under what is now an apartment block in Southern California. Anyone intending to do some industrial archaeology will have to wait a long, long time...

I recall there was another thread about 110a a couple of years ago - maybe a search would yield it

Keith

There have been stories that an aluminium GT40 tub was discovered about four years ago, here in the UK, but I haven't seen it, although I have spoken to somebody who claims to have done so. If genuine, it may be the so-called X-2, which was never completed.

You may wish to contact Chris Melia - I believe he has this chassis and the story of how it was found in a skip is within this domain. I believe it is under the title: "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

Thank you so much everyone! I appreciate this fully. This is one of my favorite cars and finding history on cars is a favorite hobby of mine. I am only 18, so i am starting young. Thank you once again!

Back