Time Difference?

Keith

All Hail GT40's Moderators - We Who Are Not Worthy:bow:

(well, me actually) would like to humbly enquire why the 12 minute time difference between whichever time zone it is in the US and GMT?

I see that the forum is timed at GMT minus 4 hours but there is still that annoying 12 minute differential. What happened (or is going to happen) in those lost 12 minutes? I'm getting paranoid....:uneasy:

Yes, I know, I have far too much time on my hands, and apologies to the great Supporting Membership for decreasing the Signal to Noise Ratio a tad..and posting more than than 2 smilies. :)

You definately have too much time on your hands...

Re the timing difference, I've just logged into the Admin area and can see no options to make modifications to or set the current forum time. :sad:

Therefore I guess it is a function from the actual hardware (PC) that is hosting this forum... Will probably get changed as and when some software updates become available.

Keith - just look upon them as being 12 minutes 'premature'...:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
(There you are, a few more...)

ALL, I'm Only joking - no 'them' and 'us' battles please...

You definately have too much time on your hands...

Re the timing difference, I've just logged into the Admin area and can see no options to make modifications to or set the current forum time. :sad:

Therefore I guess it is a function from the actual hardware (PC) that is hosting this forum... Will probably get changed as and when some software updates become available.

Keith - just look upon them as being 12 minutes 'premature'...:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
(There you are, a few more...)

ALL, I'm Only joking - no 'them' and 'us' battles please...

Hi Paul,

Yes, it is probably either the system clock or the host OS. Are you guys syncing with
a time server? Is this a Windows system? The time sync in Windows is notoriously bad,
but in reality, any time sync can often drift beyond normal bounds and cannot properly
correct.

Ian

Ron Earp

Admin
Gremins and ghosts. Probably the same reason the number of people shown online doesn't jive up with the number of people shown. Some sort of delay or lag in the counting and time.

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Molleur, you are quite right too, :evilgrin:,but, as Keith, by your own admission have no life, aand too much time on your hands, I wondered whether you had thought of a more Einsteinian explanation, relativistic, say Time Dilation, some among us must be exceeding the speed limit by a significant margin! what are your thoughts? I suppose that, by writing this, I have demonstrated that I also have no life, and too much time on my hands:laugh:.

best regards
Dave

Keith

Well Dave, now you mention it mate....

Special relativity (exemplified by the twin paradox) as well as gravitational time dilation in the theory of general relativity, is currently unknown whether the laws of physics would allow backwards (or forwards) time travel. Time travel has not been proven to be possible so that any technological device, whether fictional or hypothetical, that is used to achieve time travel should from henceforth be known as V Bulletin Forum Time Travel.. The Twelve Minute Rule

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
P><P><B><I><FONT size=3><FONT face=
Hence<o:p></o:p></I></B>
<o:p></o:p>
<CODE>// this takes place within the moderator data manager </CODE>

<CODE>function post_save_each() </CODE>
<CODE>{ </CODE>
<CODE>// ... </CODE>
<CODE></CODE>
<CODE>$userdata =& datamanager_init('User', $this->registry, ERRTYPE_CP); </CODE>
<CODE></CODE>
<CODE>// ... </CODE>
<CODE></CODE>
<CODE>$userdata->set_failure_callback(array(&$this, 'update_user_failed_insert')); </CODE>
<CODE></CODE>
<CODE>if ($update_usergroupid) </CODE>
<CODE>{ </CODE>
<CODE>$userdata->set('usergroupid', $this->info['usergroupid']); </CODE>
<CODE>$userdata->set('displaygroupid', $this->info['usergroupid']); </CODE>
<CODE>} </CODE>
<CODE></CODE>
<CODE>// ... </CODE>
<CODE></CODE>
<CODE>$userdata->save(); </CODE>
<CODE>} </CODE>

<CODE>function update_user_failed_insert(&$user) </CODE>
<CODE>{ </CODE>
<CODE>$this->condition = 'moderatorid = ' . $this->fetch_field('moderatorid'); </CODE>
<CODE>$this->delete(); </CODE>
<CODE>$this->condition = ''; </CODE>

<CODE>$this->errors = array_merge($this->errors, $user->errors);<o:p></o:p></CODE>
<CODE><o:p></o:p></CODE>
<CODE>So..<o:p></o:p></CODE>
<CODE><o:p></o:p></CODE>
At speeds close to the speed of light, time is lengthened and distances
are shortened by a factor of the square root of (1 - v^2/c^2)
where v is the speed, and c is the speed of light..
Once you’ve logged on therefore:<o:p></o:p>
The complete travel-time equation of state (CT-EOS) is presented by utilizing thermodynamics relations, such as: (formule...). The CT-EOS enables us to analyze ultrasonic experimental data under simultaneous high pressure and high temperature without introducing any assumption, as long as the density, or thermal expansivity, and heat capacity are also available as functions of temperature at zero pressure. The performance of the CT-EOS was examined by using synthesized travel-lime data with random noise of 10<SUP>−5</SUP> and 10<SUP>−4</SUP> amplitude up to 4 GPa and 1500 K<o:p></o:p>
Got to go now, I seem to have run out of time…. :drunk:<o:p></o:p>

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
So there you have it, excellent work Keith, The Twelve Minute Rule, we can now consider the forum space time continuum redefined. As long as it doesn't affect my ignition timing I'll be happy. Now, back to working out my seat belt mounting positions.

regards
Dave

Back