Film Festival with lots of GT40 interest

I hope you will excuse the fact that I am mentioning an event I am involved in because it has a good GT40 element to it!

The Legends of Le Mans Film Festival - which takes place on March 7th/8th near Witney in Oxfordshire, UK - will be showing footage from the 1966, 1968 and 1969 Le Mans 24 hours (among many others) and the 40th anniversary of the GT40's 1969 victory is one of the events being highlighted.

We have Jackie Oliver (who drove the winning JW-Gulf GT40 in 1969 and also raced for the team briefly in the 1968 24 hours) as one of our guest speakers as well as JW-Gulf mechanic Richie Bray, who worked for the team between 1968 and 1971 and was on the winning car in 1969.

Another of our guest speakers is Richard Attwood, who was heavily involved in the development programme for the GT40 in 1964, drove GT40/104 at Le Mans that year and of course went on to win Le Mans in 1970 with Porsche.

The event is a very friendly, relaxed and informal occasion, so there is plenty of oppportunity to mingle and chat with the guests over lunch and tea/coffee as well as during the guest speaker panel session.

For more info, please go to www.legendsfilmfestivals.com.

Hope you see some of you there!

Cheers

Michael Oliver

Back