Big Bend TX open road race

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Come on Kirby, lets see your name along with mine. What about the rest of you Texas guys wheres your since of adventure? We can get a team discount if we start one. Dean??

Some of us Cobra guys fom the Houston club thought briefly about this race, until we realized we can't go 118 miles on a tank of gas...

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Ron you go 59 miles stop and then have to return after everyone had gotten through the first leg. Can you refuel before the return?

Hi Jack,

I'm not sure - I was under the impression that you just turned around at 59 mi., then raced back. Let me try to get some more info. It sounds like a blast. One of my Cobra buddies was telling me about it, so if that's the case, I'm sure he's interested, too.

Ron

OK, Kenda from BBORR just emailed me back, and said there's regular gas and race fuel at the 59 mi. mark. Let me see if I can generate some more interest among the Cobra guys. And come on, GT40 guys, that's what these cars were made for!

Jack,
I'm curious. Are you gonna trailer the car down or drive in? That drive alone from Arkansas would be one that you could write about for this forum. It would take you at least a looong day!:stunned:
Garry

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
OK, Jack.... I know, I know.
:worried:

But you also know what's keeping me busy right now... The Pantera guys here in Houston have been harassing me also.
:embarassed:

I have been told I have until the end of the month to procrastinate.

Kirby

That will be great, I have already submitted my entry. Hope you TX guys can make it!

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Garry, I drove my car from Ohio 845 miles in two days, 625 of it the second day. I now know the value of ear protection....huh

I will trailer it, just in case I break something besides, my truck has cup holders. :)

Kirby, I am waiting patiently.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I am here at Fort Stockton and went through the process yesterday, tech, registration, first timer course, and qualifying. Then if you paid for practice they give you 16 miles of hwy to tear up at your max speed. First timers like me are limited to a max tech speed of 124 mph and I am dialed in at 110 for the 118 mile race on Saturday, the roads are perfect for this, big sweepers and a couple snakey turns and lots of straights. Its hot here, but car is running perfect. There is one other GT40 here, its an Australian build, has a FE motor in and has put the diffusers on it off the new Ford GT and a full pan. He is running the unlimited and trying to break the 200 MPH bearer but so far has made it to 198. He's running a carb, I think EFI would push where he wants to go with a press of key instead of jetting and so on. Just my thoughts. I am racing with Team Pantera, seems non of you guys in TX wanted to make a show. Maybe next year? I will post some pictures later.

Back