RCR Speedo

Guys,

Anybody got the dip switch settings for a 8 pulse RCR speedo ?

Sensor is mounted on a front upright using the brake rotor bolts
for a trigger signal.
15" BRM`s fitted with BFG`s

Cheers ....

I can't help you with the dip switches but I can tell you that your speedo will read real close to 98mph at 60 mph. I have the 12 dip switch speedo but the mph numbers should get you in the game using the instruction manual.

Chuck

Supporter
I may have the 12 pulse unit, (not sure since I am at the office), but hopefully this will get you close. Here it is, from my build blog:

On a perfect October, day we took the car out on the highway for the first time and checked the indicated speed with a GPS. When traveling at a true speed of 60 MPH, the speedometer indicated 110. The speedometer was easily removed, thanks to the knurled knobs, and the DIP switches adjusted so the following were open: 3, 4, 10, and 12. This resulted in an indicated speed within a couple of MPH of the true speed indicated on the GPS. The speedometer read nice and steady with no fluctuations or ‘spikes’ of the needle.

I have the same wheels and tires. Let us know if this is in the ball park on your car.

Thanks Guys,

Should be able to make something out of that.

Trouble I have is not being able to drive on the public roads until the car is tested ect .....
Spinning the wheel with my home made race bike starter the speedo reads 60 mph, hard to judge but the wheel looks like its doing 100mph+...!

If all else fails maybe the SVA test guy will let me calibrate it when its on the rollers
Just hope it will calibrate as everybody else appears to have 12 pulse units.

Back