P# Question

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Does anyone know if when SPF started the continuation cars, did they start with P2001 or did they start with the last number in the original group? P2115? (I'm not sure what that last # would be).

I do not recall seeing any spf numbers under P2125.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
This is a good question, as I understand it the number from the last GT40 know to 2000 are reserved for for SPF, (please someone correct me if I am incorrect) I would like to know also. Old Ferrari's and Lambo's have crazy numbers which leaves a person to wonder what happened to the missing serial numbers.

I have 2120 which I recall to be the 20th-ish one they made...the first 9 or 10 went to dealers, I was in the second batch of 10. So the 2100 series are for customers who want to have their car customized to their needs - mine is a LHD, No Gurney bubble, with the colors of my choice - not replicating any original serial number car.

The 2000 series are reserved for people that want to pay a premium to have a near duplicate of a particular original serial number made (e.g. - 2075 duplicating 1075).

This is not to say that you can't get serial number 2183 and spec it as a duplicate of 1075, but I guess they thought they would reserve the 2000 range and try to get a premium for the numbers.

That is how it was described to me by SPF when I ordered.

Not sure if I am communicating the differences in the serial number ranges well, but...

Mike

Mike is right or should I say it was described to me in the same way. To cloud the issue a little more though, I have SPF #2200 which is chassis #107 but looks pretty close, IMO, to #1046 except LHD.

Rich.

I guess the other number marked around those cars is probably the manufacturing number, i.e., the number the car makes in the manufacturing assembly line sequence (mine too has got a number, different from the chassis number, marked all around in different parts)

The chassis number has nothing to do with the manufacturing sequence, as they can give a certain car a chassis # on the 20xx sequence if requested (as Mike has stated)

They can jump back from the 21xx/22xx chassis numbers of the regular manufacturing line, to a 20xx chassis number during the manufacturing sequence, but the number marked on the car parts just shows the number that particular car makes in the manufacturing sequence.

Mike Stenhouse of Second Strike did a great job of describing these numbers and where to find them in his Superformance GT40 SAAC registration questioner. I’ve included a copy.

Sorry it looks like my upload didn't work the first time. If you haven't already filled one out I would encourage everyone to do so. It’s too late now to be in the latest book but SAAC does a great job of keeping track of all the little details of every car.

Attachments

• GT40_Reg.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 450
Back