1018 for sale

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
This magazine doesn't seem to be sold over here....is there any kind of link to the ad? I could not find it through their web site.

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Jim,
there is one in the Octane magazine too, but it's a very low key ad.
A half page picture of the car, with the text;

"
For Sale Ford GT40 1018

1965 Shelby American continuous history car campaigned by Ray Bellm since 2003. Prepared by Lanzante ltd and probably the fastest GT40 raced today. Winner of the Goodwood Revival, Le Mans Classic, Tour Espana, Cento Ore, Tour Brittania and many other historic races. Spares package including spare engine and gearbox.
PX considered if the right car.
Tel: Paul Lanzante 07785 776787 "

that's it. Nothing on the Lanzante website either.

regards
Dave

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Got it. I do take OCTANE and you are right, the ad is in there. I missed it. Well, maybe if I swap my house, 1149, my boat, and a few children in the bargain....:)

Now consigned to auction at Goodwood Bonhams July 3 - estimate £ 900 000 - £ 1 100 000

Last edited:
P1018 at our workshops earlier in year

Attachments

• DSCF0841.jpg
    DSCF0841.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 577

Keith

That's interesting - no GW heads and at first glance I thought it was running a pair of Autolite in-lines!

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
It's not unusual for early cars to have cast iron heads with tin racing valve covers as seen and those are most definitely Webers.

However it does have have a ZF/2 box ?

When it was here it had a type 0 gearbox from 1010 in it, I understand that there are two engines and two gearboxes in the deal.

Not included I fear.
The catalogue says 'A further spares package that includes a complete 4.7-litre V8 engine, running gear and more bodywork is available under separate negotiation direct with the seller'.

So once you've paid your £1m plus another £125k or so commision you'll have to find a bit more for these 'extras'.

Any guesses as to how much the hammer price will be?

High end vintage Ferrari prices are down 40 percent (same buyer profile). So, I would guess an orig GT40 with race history is $1.5M-$2.5M while one without race history probably $500K less than that. But I really don't know anything about such matters.

High end vintage Ferrari prices are down 40 percent (same buyer profile). So, I would guess an orig GT40 with race history is $1.5M-$2.5M while one without race history probably $500K less than that. But I really don't know anything about such matters.

'Bidding' started at £600,000 and stopped at £820,000.
Bonhams rarely declare 'no sale' and always bang the hammer as if the item HAS sold, but it looked to me like there were no real bidders in the room.

Back