Nitto NT01

Hi guys I'm putting 17's on my SPF and found that Nitto makes a track/road tire (NT01) that is getting awesome write ups. Does anyone have any experience with this tire? And furthermore I wanted to make sure that I buy the correct size tires. They make a 235/40/17 with a 24.4 diameter and a 315/35/17 with a 25.43 diameter. Will these sizes work? Or are the diameters to small?
Any help would be greatly appreciated before I drop 1K on tires.

Big Thanks
Brad

What are your intentions with the car? Will it see more road, track, wet, etc.... A little more description would help us help you. I personally am a goodyear or toyo (street) and hoosier (track) kinda guy but I do have a friend that's got a 540 rwhp rx7. He runs a set of NT01's and swears by them.

BTW, welcome

Rich.

Hey Brad, I got them on my SPF Cobra and they are AWSOME !! Get's amazing grip once you warm them up. I do not advise them if you want to drive on wet roads. I only got them on the cobra because I know I would never be driving it in the rain. They are super sticky... I believe the tire size you have there works for the GT40's. Any wider and I think you will rub in the front (get a second opinion). And I believe they don't make wider than 315's for the rear. All I can say is "Great tires"...
Good Luck,
Dave

Thanks guys. I will only driving the car in dry weather and I will use the car 70% for the track and 30% street.

Thanks for the help.

Regards
Brad

Thanks guys. I will only driving the car in dry weather and I will use the car 70% for the track and 30% street./QUOTE]

If you live in Washington, you will be driving the car in wet weather whether you like it or not! :laugh:

Well, unless you're on the eastern side of course...

Brad,
With the 17s those were your best choice in the Nittos. I have and wanted the 15" wheels, and the only thing I could find were the 555s. To get a wide tire I had to go to the 335, which is a little tall for the 40, but I have a set of 2" flares comming that will be added to cover the edges. Mine are actually a Drag radial, but the road racers say they work well. Couldn't find anything DOT in the 15s for a long time and feared I would have to go to Hoosiers or Blue Streaks. Didn't want to do that cause they aren't supposed to be used on the street. Chances of being pulled over on that was a red flag that I didn't want. Got enough of the speeding citations to last for a couple of years.

Bill

Back