supporting waterpump

Hi guys,
short question for all of you.

Do forum members use additional waterpumps ( electrical ones) to support the flow.

I think about something like shown in the picture. I would say from the volume, the pump itself is strong enough to guarantee the waterflow.
Cheers
(C)arlos

Attachments

• Seite-261.jpg
    Seite-261.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 272
A couple of people on this forum are already using this type of waterpump (the EWP110) to completely replace the mechanical pump. This can either be mounted close to the engine or next to the radiator. The consensus is that these will be OK, and will fit one to my vehicle. They have previously been discussed here:

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
P><P><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=3><o:p><FONT face=Arial><A href=
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-tech-fueling-electrics-engine-cooling/26835-thinking-about-doing-electric-water-pump-questions-though.html

Regards
Andy<o:p></o:p>
</o:p>

Hi Guys,
wau, thx a lot for the feedback, that was quick ;-)

So question left is, are you only use the EWP or do you use the controlling box also. To me that doesn't look necessary for a road driven car, or am I wrong ?
Cheers
(C)arlos

Unless you need a fast warm-up of the heater, you run the EWP continuously and replace the thermostat with a restrictor.

Regards
Andy

Last edited:
Ahhh, ok so the restrictor would also solve the bypass problem right ? Or do you still have the bypass?
Cheers
(C)arlos

Back