LG500/600 Measurement needed

Hi guys I have posted this request in the Transaxle forum but thought it might be good here as well. I need the bolt hole centre to centre and the bracket width measurement for the top suspension cross member on a LG 500/600 trans axle and the bottom Bolt hole centre to centre. Im making the top cross member and brakects on my own trans but want to be able to change it out to a Hewland at a later date.

Cheers Leon

Top mounts are 8" apart and the bottom four are 6 1/2" apart and 2 5/8 front to rear. Drawing are available in the manuals section on the Hewland web site,

Manuals Online

Hope this helps

Darren

Thanks Darren. I had looked at the Hewland site but just looked in the wrong place. It also shows that the scale I'm using is on the button, as I was in the 8-8.5 range and the width to be fare I was just guessing at about 3"

Cheers Leon.

No trouble at all Leon. If you ever need any LG pics, I've usually got one or two kicking around at work.

Darren

Thanks for that offer, I will keep it in mind. I'm building my own transaxle at first and will make the mounts the same so if the budget ever allows it a swap to the real thing will be easy. I had priced some LG transaxle's out of the states and they were just about the price of my whole project!!! the exchange is 2 to 1 so everything is double the price from the USA. Anyway I will see how mine works out and you never know it might be a salelible item to other builders looking for a BIG trans, I know it will handle BIG hp as I have used the componets in another project running 600hp offroad racing and never looked like failing. It will be the machining and the strenght of the casings that will be the deciding factor

Cheers Leon.

Back