hello, newby here

Hello eaveryone, I'm new to this forum. First I'd like to introduce myself, my name is steph Richer I'm from Sudbury Ontario Canada witch is about 3.5 hours north of toronto. I'm maried and have three kids. I love gt40's and always wanted one, even better build one.

I've always been into fords, my first real car was a 1980 mustang cobra, I had pulled the tired 4 bagner and instaled a 289 with a five speed. but unfortunatly that car is long gone by now. I sold it about 9 years ago. But I did have an opertunaty to buy it back 2 years ago from the guy who bought it from me, but I found that the rust damage was to intence. I've been working on my home for the last 6 years. Just an old house in nead of TLC, the house is finaly done but I need a garage. My plans are to build one this spring if I don't go on strike,
my unions contract is due june 1. I think I might go 28'X36', thats what my brother just built last summer and its a good size. I always liked kit cars and gt40s, once my garage is built I'm going to have to fill it up with something. I've been doing alot of searching on your site before I signed up to be a member. I'd like to build one from scratch, well the frame. I've seen some members are doing there own plans on cad, lots of talent on this board. mono chassie sounds pretty sweet but I would probably be dead by the time I get my hands on a good set of working plans. I've seen some good examples of space frames. well enough about me, my two fingers are getting cramped-up.

again hello everyone

Welcome to the forum Steph. A valuable resource it is! Please enjoy. I know the area around Sudbury, having been posted in North Bay years ago.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s Steph.. Dreams can become reality for those with enough dedication.. Sounds like you could build yourself a very nice workshop there..

Welcome Steph -

As others have already said you'll find a wealth of information on this forum re all things GT40 related (+ lots of other associated topics too).

Do use the search facility as many many things have been extensively discussed before but don't be shy in asking either, there's no other place on the net with the intellectual resources you'll find here. Whether its been done before or not, there will always be someone who can help you here...

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Thanks again guys, I haved used the search button very often and a ton of info here, probably more than the net. I don't like asking to many questions and try to find answers on my own. But if I have to, I'll ask.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome Steph,

When you get your car (finished) you'll be part of a really small group here in Ontario. I only know of a handful of GT40s on the road here.

You are right about the knowledge here on the forum. It's is incredible what most of these guys know. Our resident Canadian expert (Ian Clarke) has his shop in Burlington and he produces some truly fantastic work.

Good luck with your journey!

Mark

Back