Superformance T-Shirts

Most of us probably got the e-mail from SPF yesterday about the sale items they had. They had a really nice black t-shirt with the Superformance logo on the chest, on sale for $10.99. So I order two for a total of $22.00, and the total pops up with a $22.00 handling and shipping charge or a total of over $44.00. I doubt if you put these shirts in an envelope and sent them by US Postal it would cost more than $5.00. So I cancelled the order. I don't think I'm being a cheapskate since I've bought a Mark III and a GT40 new from them. I must be getting old and irritable.

Mike

Most of us probably got the e-mail from SPF yesterday about the sale items they had. They had a really nice black t-shirt with the Superformance logo on the chest, on sale for $10.99. So I order two for a total of $22.00, and the total pops up with a $22.00 handling and shipping charge or a total of over $44.00. I doubt if you put these shirts in an envelope and sent them by US Postal it would cost more than $5.00. So I cancelled the order. I don't think I'm being a cheapskate since I've bought a Mark III and a GT40 new from them. I must be getting old and irritable.

Mike

wow. they try to charge u a 22 dollar service charge to send u a couple of t shirts and your apologetic?
i wish i could do business like that and stay around....

Heh, heh. Got a new e-mail from SPF about the T-shirts and thought maybe they saw the previous e-mail about the outrageous shipping and handling charges on the shirts and decided to get the shirts out at a reasonable price. This time I re-ordered the shirts, and the total was again, $22.00. This time the shipping and handling was $28.00!!! Lance, Wake the f*** up!!! You look as stupid as the AIG executives to your biggest supporters. You should be sending us these shirts at minimal cost, if not free.

Mike
SPF 1393
GT40 P2117

Hi Tim, they did arrive and the Beast is alive!
I need to make a new heatshield for the Webers and then I am ready to rock n roll.
Can you tell me who did the 3M clear chip protector on your car?
I would like to get that done soon
Thanks, Dave

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Now this is what I didn't know I was looking for... :laugh:
I just ordered the SPF MkII kit.
$291.

She actually said she did not recommend I try to do it myself, but I put on the stripes from Race Replicas myself, so what the hell... thought I'd take a shot at it.

Thanks for the heads up!

Kirby

Dave,

Products | Star Shield Armor | The Leader in Paint Protection Film makes a precut film for our cars. I haven't installed mine yet but from the looks of it its pretty nice.

Rich.

Hi Mike (Foowowee)
I spoke with Lance about your T-shirt issue.
Here is his cell phone, (714)330-3297, he says just call him and he will give you 2 free shirts and ship them for free as well!
Dave

Thanks Dave. I'll be happy to pay Lance for the shirts. My problems was with the $28.00 handling and shipping.

Mike

Standard practice for online retailers to make money off the S&H - for some items the profit margin is higher on the S&H than the item itself.

My wife recenty bought a Coach purse from an online retailer who is located in our town. The retailer said they would have to charge $25 extra to let her come by the store and pick the item up. Why? After I "discussed" it in person with the manager she finally admitted that they mark up shipping costs by about 300% and add a "handling" charge despite never touching the item (gets shipped directly from the manufacturer).

It's all just a bunch of lies and bullshit designed to rip you off nickle-and-dime style. Is it really so difficult to be honest and straightforward??

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
You are right Cliff, I get pissed off every time I see that commercial with the guy who is giving you the software for free just to get you to try his product, all you have to do is pay shipping and handling. I said to myself, are there that many fools out there who would fall for that? I said this to my wife many times when that stupid commercial comes on TV. One day a package show up at my place of business, I opened it up and guess what....she fell for the add after all my belly aching. Shows how much she listens to me. The shipping and handling is what allows him to put the adds on TV and he probably owns a real GT40.

Now I just sit quietly and behave myself.

I still think that SPF should give us a hat when you buy a car. Heck I will trade those worthless switches in the dash for a hat.

You are absolutely correct about these online product orders, my girl friend fell for the Money Back Guarantee on some bogus clothes hangers, she took the offer for the "free" extras, when she received the pieces of crap she immediately returned them but the shipping and handling was about $50 bucks.
That is how these companies make their money.
Dave

Back