Southern GT 9

It would have been grossly unfair of me to start a build log as I am nowhere near mechanically minded or determined enough to do it myself.

To this extent, I hereby announce the birthday of my new toy as it officially became a car (rather than a frame with a body, an engine and and some wheels attached). The SVA was passed and now the registration has been completed. The man from DVLA, he says "Yes".

My heartfelt thanks go to:

Mick and Adam down at Southern. Fantastic set up they have and I would recommend them to anyone. They are professional, helpful, trustworthy and mechanically gifted (beyond me!). They have worked wonders and in terms of parts and help I could not have asked for more. With any issue it was always sorted with one phone call.

Nick Dames at CCS. Really knowledgable and nice guy to work with. Have only run the engine around the SVA car park but can't wait to run it in and then hit the Mulsanne straight in June!

Below is the beautiful document that came today in the post and a few sneak photos taken with my phone. Full photo shoot will be completed once the car is tuned, zymolled and out on the public roads with its new exhaust.

Attachments

• SCAN0032s.jpg
    SCAN0032s.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 519
  • DSC00088s.jpg
    DSC00088s.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 603
  • DSC00089s.jpg
    DSC00089s.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 516
  • DSC00090s.jpg
    DSC00090s.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 676
  • DSC00091s.jpg
    DSC00091s.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 489
  • DSC00085s.jpg
    DSC00085s.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 522

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
What a milestone - happy birthday indeed!
That's one beautiful 40. Love the colors.

Congrats, Ian. :thumbsup:

Ian. Fantastic news, I bet you can't wait to have some fun, which you will. I am on with my build in earnest and hope to have the engine in and running by the end of the summer. Maybe meet up at the Le-Mans classic next year when i hope to have the car finished.

Ian,

Congratulations beautiful car great to see anther one on the road. Post more pictures please for inspiration. Have to agree 100% with your comments about Mick and Adam, and I'm sure I can prove with their set up and help, you don’t have to be mechanically minded to build a respectable Southern GT, so no excuses for you not building your next one!!!.

Can't wait to drive it but will have to - surgery on my left knee on Tuesday puts me on crutches for several weeks.

Hopefully the way the doors cut into the roof will allow me to slide in and out and put crutches on passenger seat!

Back