SL-C around the Washington DC/VA area

I am just finishing up building a Corvette GS and leaning twds building a SLC. I will be at the Carlisle Kit Catr show this year but was wondering if anyone in the local area has a SL-C that I could come look at in advance of Carlisle.
Thanks Kevin

I was able to check out Will Campbell's build this past weekend and I was very impressed with the qua;ity and craftsmanship of the SL-C. I have looked into building the GTM and after visiting several builds I had determined before this visit not to pursue the GTM any further and after seeing this car it sealed the deal. I am anxious to follow this build, Will is a talented craftsman and when he is done I am sure his experiences will translate into upgrades down the rd for us late SL-C builders.

I would like to see a build forum for the SL-C owners to posts their progress as well as lessens learned,.I will say the GTM forum/gang does an excellent job in that department.

I have looked into building the GTM and after visiting several builds I had determined before this visit not to pursue the GTM any further and after seeing this car it sealed the deal.
I went through the same process and came to the same conclusion.
Deposit for an SL-C is sitting on my desk...now if I can just muster up the courage to send it in.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
I went through the same process and came to the same conclusion.
Deposit for an SL-C is sitting on my desk...now if I can just muster up the courage to send it in.

I'll do it for ya!! I want to see your monster run my friend!!

VSTOL,
To completely seal the deal, you need to take a trip to Fran's shop. Just don't forget to leave your checkbook on the counter as you walk in. The secretary will fill out the check for you and hand you a receipt on the way out. Oh, grab a paper towel on your way in there too. They don't like slobber all over the cars. :stunned:

Laters,

Brian

vstol,

You may have already but, Rob has a nice build log going (01) and Howard has #24 going on the GT40's build log section. Perhaps when a "critical mass" of builders has formed we can have a dedicated SL-C builder's thread sub-forum in the RCR forum.

Dave, just close your eyes and mail that check in! :shy:

Doc

Gawd...the exclusivity on my ride just dropped again, all you copy-cats are killing my resale value over here dammitt!!! Now how am I going to sell at Barrett Jackson for some loony number with all you "knock-offs" roaming around?.......LOL.

Well Rob, conversely, whenever there are a few out there the publicity will only add to the realm of exclusivity and the availability will always be on the short side. So perhaps the looney $$$ as a resale value is not lost. No real precident has been set as yet. Would I sell mine for a million bucks? Damned right, then I'd have a stable of
RCR's. Another SL-C, T70 and a 917! Chuckle...

My 2cents from the outsider looking into the club, what about having a separate section in the forum just for SL-C/R's?

Second no check until my GS is on the road and sold.
Lateral-g.net :: Kevin Hermann's 64 Corvette Grand Sport

Last, Will did point out some small things that appear to need a little more thought/engineering such as the current mounting of the lower door hinge to fiberglass vice an aluminum supprt behind it. Understand the door is extremely light but.. This was one of the issues that some of the GS/Cobra kits experienced as well. That said this is a great kit and the quality is first rate.

I am looking fwd to Carlisle so I can put my ass in a seat and see how it fits.
Thanks
Kevin

http://www.lateral-g.net/members/herrmann/

Kevin, heard you visited Will. He is doing a very respectable build to date. The extra aluminum backing plates are simply an idea to spread the hinge load. Probably not really necessary, simply an added "detail" to improve an already well thought out function. I have gone some extra steps too. Polishing most of the aluminum mono, etc. Not necessary but details make the difference to a really great build. As we SL-C builders go along you will see much more build photos and posts. We're currently documenting almost everything and working on the cars. In due time you will be inundated with information. Hang in there!

My .02 cents...

Howard Jones

Supporter
Dave....You dog!!!!! I knew you were in. Ya baby ya!!!! Can't wait to hear your 3 rotor in that baby. We are going to need to change the annual GT40 party at my house to the Annual GT prototype party. Gonna fill the street up with mid engine prototypes. Gonna be cool in a couple of years.

Nice ride, I've liked those cars.
Congratulations Dave! Welcome to the SL-C bunch.
Welcome Dave!! BTW, I don't feel guilty.....:thumbsup:
Thanks guys...even though I feel like I'm in the what-the-fruk-was-I-thinking stage right now...I know the wife is thinking that, and probably since she said "I do".
btw, Fran calls it excitement :)
I knew you were in. Can't wait to hear your 3 rotor in that baby.
I had the look when I left your place didn't I?
I can't wait to hear it too!
We are going to need to change the annual GT40 party at my house to the Annual GT prototype party. Gonna fill the street up with mid engine prototypes. Gonna be cool in a couple of years.
Sounds like fun
Gawd...the exclusivity on my ride just dropped again, all you copy-cats are killing my resale value over here dammitt!!! Now how am I going to sell at Barrett Jackson for some loony number with all you "knock-offs" roaming around?.......LOL.
The way yours is turning out...it will stay one of a kind. That is unless you decide to make make and sell from those molds your making.
brace yourselves for whats around the corner :coolgleam:
Twin Turbo LS7?
LS9??

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
Twin Turbo LS7?
LS9??

..the sweet smell of luxurious leather...good reliable LSpower...production supercar interior straight out of the factory....gleaming paint work...the inaugural production car that can sit along side a $300,000 mosler and in alot of areas put it too shame....

ooppppssss said too much already..:lipsrsealed::lipsrsealed::lipsrsealed:

Back