How about this for a dashboard

Went to see a guys car collection a couple of years ago and came across GT40 112 its had lots of mods over the years but i dont think anyone has replicated this dashboard its also got wind down windows

Attachments

• 100_3314.jpg
    100_3314.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 981
Last edited:
Blimey, how many tacho's does one car need? (unless there's a couple of extra engines in there somewhere):stunned:
I suppose this is an example of function over form!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Myself - I think the lump on top of the dash looks different but not bad.. I would be concerned about what it does for forward visibility though.. Being in a semi-reclined position in these cars, I think it might be a problem..

Okay - like the others - do you have more pics of the roll-down windows? :)

the only pic i got is not very good i didnt take much notice of the windows at the time anyway here it is

Attachments

• 100_3316.jpg
    100_3316.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 765

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
the only pic i got is not very good i didnt take much notice of the windows at the time anyway here it is

Thanks for the additional pic Alan.
I'd gladly take a wing-window and a little quarter window to the rear for roll-ups.. Something to think about the next time I get my butt out into my shop and make my list for the U-Pull wrecking yard...

Now -

Is it just me or does something not look right with the scoop openings on that car? Almost looks like a poor kit in a way.. Maybe an optical illusion - my eyesight has "seen" better days..

Hi Randy not sure about the side scoops but look whats been done to the front scoops

Attachments

• 100_3312.jpg
    100_3312.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 648
Yes thats correct it started life as a roadster but when Peter Sutcliffe bought in 1966 he had a standard nose and a makeshift roof fitted, later he had it rebuilt as a standard GT40.In 1968 it was sold to Malcolm Sinclair who had it converted to a "luxury" road car. Here's a pic from 1967 with its makeshift roof

Attachments

• 100_1402.jpg
    100_1402.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 517
Last edited:
Thanks, any more pics of this car under its bodywork? I thought gt112 was the car used to copy the bodywork for the { resto } of the newly found GT111

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Well, beauty IS in the eye of the beholder, after all......dash looks a bit busy, doesn't it. Not to mention the rest of the old beast...

It looks like they used the same trick on the window that they did on the new Ford GT. I watched a show on the new GT and the designer talked about the problem of adding roll/wind up/down windows. The observed difference is that they inset the trailing vertical edge of the window just enough to allow some room for the window to be lowered into the door. I’m not sure I’m ready to start chopping up my doors in the off chance that that would work although it would be nice.

Back